BSNL broadband Services is one of the most used broadband internet connection in India. If you are presently using the BSNL broadband services then definitely you might be facing the problem of low download speed. According to BSNL scheme, the customers will get a minimum of 2Mbps speed. But as soon as the FUP(Fair Usage Policy) status is exceeded then the speed will drop to 512 Kbps. Some users won’t get 2Mbps speed even though their FUP status isn’t exceeded. There are various reasons why you are not able to utilize the high-speed internet services.
So, if you do not have any idea on how to fix this problem and thinking to upgrade to a higher plan or change your Internet Service provider then the solution to your problem is very simple. To boost your BSNL broadband speed vastly, all you need to do is follow these simple steps which are provided in the below section.
1. Change the bandwidth in Group Policy Editor
Bandwidth is generally the measurement of how fast the data can be transferred over a wired or wireless connection in bits per second(bps). And Microsoft reserves 20% of available bandwidth for its own purposes such as detection of any updates, interrogating your machine etc. Your internet speed increases if you change the bandwidth from 20 to 0 in the Group Policy Editor. To do so
- Go to start -> search run
- In run type gpedit.msc (it opens group policy editor)
- Navigate to Local Computer Policy -> Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Networks -> QoS Packet Scheduler -> Limit Reservable Bandwidth.
- Double click on Limit Reservable Bandwidth and then change the value from 20 to 0.
If you do not have group policy editor then you need to install it manually.
2. Change your Google DNS setting
There is a reason why you get the error message of “couldn’t connect to this page” and the page gets loaded after several trials of hitting the page reload button. You are facing this problem because of the DNS settings. To overcome this situation
- Goto Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center -> click on your internet connection (next to “connections”) -> click on properties
- Select Internet Protocol version 4(TCP/IPv4) -> click on properties
- Select “Use the following DNS server addresses” button and replace the current DNS addresses with below addresses and click on ok.
Preferred DNS setting: 220.127.116.11
Alternate DNS setting: 18.104.22.168
This will fix your problem by loading your pages faster.
3. Use the TCP Optimizer Software
TCP Optimizer Software is a tool to optimize your internet download speed. All you need to do is to download this software which is free and install this in your pc. After installing, open the application and you will see a bar which is for speed adjustment. So, adjust the bar to the desired speed and then click apply changes.
4. Clear the cache in browser
When the cache in the browser gets full then you might encounter slow internet speed. So, you need to clear the browser cache to optimize the internet speed. Press ctrl+alt+del to clear the browsing history. Now your internet speed will be optimized to some extent.
Now you know how to increase your BSNL broadband speed. Try these tricks on your pc and if you have any queries about these steps, please feel free to drop your queries in the comment section below.