Ever since the launch of Jio free Internet and free voice calls by Mukesh Ambani, millions of people have started using Jio SIM not only because it is free but also because of the uninterrupted services. After the free internet and free calls period were over, Jio continued to keep its customers intact with the great offers.
As a result, a whole lot of people wants to shift to Jio from their current mobile network without changing their number. This method of shifting from one mobile network to other without changing the mobile number is called porting. If you fall into this category of people who wants to port to Jio then here are few simple steps you need to carry out. Scroll down to see them.
- To port your SIM to Jio, send SMS “PORT<space><your10-digit mobile number>” to 1900 (without double quotes) from the number you would like to port to Jio.
- Now you will receive an SMS which contains UPC code (Universal Product Code) and its expiry details.
- Then download the MyJio App from AppStore. Then generate a Jio coupon code from the app.
- Walk into any of the Reliance Jio/Digital/ Dx mini retailers store near you with your smartphone, UPC code, and Jio coupon code.
- For address proof, you need to carry your Local Adhaar Card with you. If you do not have a local adhar card then you need to carry a copy of address proof and identity proof and passport sized photograph instead.
- Now your Jio connection gets instantly activated with the eKYC process at any of the Reliance stores.
- For post-paid connections users, it is advisable to clear all the dues with their current mobile operator company before porting.
- Your mobile number porting will be completed with the above-mentioned steps and you can use the Jio connectivity within seven working days. Your services will not be interrupted in the intervening period.
These steps are common if you are an existing Airtel, Vodafone, BSNL, Aircel customer and wish to port to Jio. If you have queries regarding any of these steps then do mention them in the comment section below.