After a long delay, OnePlus has released it OxygenOS with many features included in it. This software update is most awaited and after many struggles it came out for download yesterday. We have already provided the information about How to Download and Install Oxygen OS for your device.
In this article, we want to list out the pros and cons of OxygenOS which users are experiencing by installing that OS.
This is what OnePlus Co-Founder Carl Pei said about OxygenOS.
By creating our own operating system, we can quickly respond to user feedback and make it easier for you to continue playing a fundamental role in the future of OnePlus. Our goal for OxygenOS is to provide faster, more meaningful updates and a better-integrated range of services for every OnePlus user.
Developing OxygenOS has been an incredibly fun and challenging experience for all of us. In this environment where everyone is fighting to standout with custom ROMs, we think it’s important to go back to basics. We place things like performance and battery life over gimmicks and bloated features.
We want to be careful that we aren’t adding features simply for the sake of differentiation. We’ve implemented some important features thus far, but they are subtle and meaningful.
That’s our philosophy behind OxygenOS: keep it light and essential.
Features of Oxygen OS
Official site has included three main features on their blog which the OS is equipped with.
Pros and Cons of OxygenOS
Here we are listing the OxygenOS Pros and Cons, in comparison with Cyanogenmod. This list of pros and cons which include some users reviews and includes some problems faced by them.
- The system looks stable, no touch issues.
- Pure android, as they said. Not a lot of customizations.
- Camera app is Google Camera App. Works really good.
- All of the apps are from Google, no 3rd party apps.
- Very Fast UI and Less weight.
Cons (What I miss from CM12/11S)
- NO Privacy Guard.
- NO MaxxAudio ( It doesn’t come with MaxxAudio or Fx either.)
- NO double tap to sleep.
- NO theme engine.
- No Status bar customization.
- No Live Display
- No option to long press the Recent button to go back to previous app.
- No back button long press to kill app
- No status bar sliding to change brightness
- Unable to copy files from PC
Can’t copy ROM file to flash
Not showing backup ROM to restore backup
- Quick Settings arrangement looks buggy, could’nt get HotSpot to show up
- No option to get both battery percentage and a circle battery, you have to choose
- You can’t turn off charging LED light.
- No raw pictures.
- No 4k video (Recoding UHD and DCI )
Though we cannot expect much in version 1.0, we have listed this for user benefit. In a short note, we want to convey that OxygenOS Version 1.0 is a good start but we can’t even rate it with CM for now. Also the battery is decent and we are not mentioning that until we review it for 3 days or so. If you face any problem during installation, click here for OxygenOs Installation Guide. What’s your experience on OxygenOS? What problems you are facing with that. Comment your opinion below.
This article is contributed by Sourajit from Indiancelebinfo.