In today’s advanced generation, most of the people are interested in setting up their own startup companies and organizations. It is not enough just to start a new organization but, maintaining it in a wise and efficient manner with working crew is a pretty tough task. Today, I am going to discuss a new topic i.e., Microsoft Outlook. It might be a new term for some of the people who are not aware of Microsoft offered programs. But, it is the most commonly used program for the people who are working in an organization. Microsoft Outlook is an E-mail client and Personal Information Manager (PIM) which is available as part of Microsoft’s Office suite.
Outlook is vital in many organizations, not just for its email skills, but also for it’s calendaring, tasks, and contacts talents. Imagine, if such an important application stops working, can you manage all your work in a company? Obviously, the answer is NO. If you face such any issue regarding the connectivity of Outlook, then here comes the solution. We are presenting you an article that shows how to resolve the issue of Microsoft Outlook ‘Disconnected’ issue. Have a look!
Microsoft Outlook – Smart Personal Information Manager
MS Outlook is one of the most widely used email clients in all the companies for internal and external communication purpose through E-mail. It provides the best user interface with high-speed and efficient services. Usually, an organization that manages all its clients will connect Outlook to an Exchange server and Microsoft SharePoint Server so that all the employees belonging to the company can share the corresponding address book and calendars. Microsoft Outlook comes with new features and specifications that help you to do your work in a faster way. It can be used to coordinate meetings, calendars and shared mailboxes and folders. Outlook is regarded as a great tool for enterprise-level collaboration.
The Microsoft Outlook is a desktop based email client that can be synchronized with your email id for sending and receiving emails. It enables users to compose their e-mails in desired formats, using variant colors, changing fonts, spelling and grammar checker and many more. Apart from these, it has many other features that include a calendar, task manager, contact manager, note taking, journal, and web browsing. The calendar feature in Outlook helps the users to manage time, reminds them of any meetings and appointments for the day, scheduling meeting and sending invites, etc.
How to Resolve “Disconnected” Issue on Microsoft Outlook
Microsoft Outlook is such an important application of an organization that if it stops working, then the impact will be shown on the whole business as it is totally based on communication. Sometimes, Outlook fails to work due to some connectivity issues. At that particular instant of time, it generates a chaos in an organization because, without this program, no single employee can proceed with their work. Outlook is the most efficient, faster and cost-effective application which must be always in an active and running state.
Sometimes the outlook application may display a typical issue that shows an alert message stating that Microsoft Outlook is ‘Disconnected’. This is a quite common error that will stop you to send or receive mails to or from the clients. By following the simple steps given below, you can easily resolve the issue and continue with your work.
Here’s what you can do:
Method 1: Restart your PC
The ‘Disconnected’ error typically occurs all of a sudden and you can try to resolve it by restarting your PC. This is the main thing you need to do if you get this error while working on Outlook. Once you restart your system, it boots up and then launch the application. It will then start in a normal way and you can go ahead with your work.
Method 2: Ping the Server
Even after restarting your PC, if you get the same error, then try to ping the server. Ping is a utility or a command that is present in an operating system used to determine whether the issue is related to the server/host or not. Ping can be used to check the network connection and the speed among the two networks in which one is yours and the other is on the internet. In such a case, you can ping the Exchange server for which you need to have the name of exchange server and just follow the below steps:
- Firstly, go to Start and access the Run utility on your PC.
- Type CMD and click on OK.
- Command Prompt window will pop up on the screen.
- Type the command “Ping followed by the name of Exchange Server and then Hit Enter.
- The ‘ping’ utility will run for a few seconds and display the results in the form of Responses.
- If you receive a response saying “Request timed out”, it shows that the issue is related to network connectivity or Exchange server.
- In order to fix this issue, you need to contact a Server team.
- If the responses are summed up with some packets as Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0″, which means that there is no issue regarding the server or network connectivity so that you can skip the step of checking LAN cable, network connectivity, etc.
Method 3: Check Active Directory (LAN) Account Password Settings
Firstly, ensure that your Microsoft Outlook account is still functional. For that, you need to check Active Directory (LAN) account password settings. Through this, you can make sure that your account hasn’t expired or suspended.
- Check with the Domain account whether it is locked or the password has expired.
- If your client accepts to do a password reset for Domain, then go for it.
- Now, you need to access the active directory and then click on Users.
- Just scroll down to the particular user whose password you want to reset.
- Select the user and Click on the Reset Password option.
- Enter the new password and confirm it by re-entering the same.
Method 4: Check if the Program is in Offline Mode
It is common that, Microsoft Outlook may go into the offline mode unintentionally or due to some change network connection issue in your location. You may forget to enable the online mode on it. So, check if the Outlook is in Offline mode. To roll back the settings, simply follow the steps below:
- Firstly, Open the Outlook application.
- Scroll down to the bottom right corner of the Outlook window and click on the “Disconnected” message that appears on the screen.
- A context menu list appears and you can see a checkbox that shows offline mode.
- If ‘Work Offline’ option is checked, then click to uncheck it and make it Online. This should solve your problem immediately.
- If you are still unable to find the checkbox selected, select and deselect it again which helps you to resolve the issue.
Method 5: Start the application in a Safe Mode
If you fail to resolve the issue even after trying all the above methods, then start the application in a safe mode. Follow the steps:
- Go to the Start menu and the access the Run program.
- In the Run dialog box, type “outlook.exe/safe” and then Click OK.
- If there is any issue due to the installed Add-ons, then try to disable all the unnecessary and redundant add-ons.
- Again, restart the application that can resolve the disconnected issue.
These are various methods that will help you in resolving the disconnection issue in the Microsoft Outlook application so that you will be able to carry on with work as usual. Hope this simple guide assists you in the best way to rectify your Microsoft outlook disconnection issue.