Modern entertainment media creates content based on age to suit all media users. It provides a better experience and options to keeps families glued to their Televisions. The tech industry favors entertainment by introducing digital media players such as Kodi. Users can stream online for favorite movies, music, sports, documentaries, and more. Kodi offers extra privileges, unlike the standard cable TV. The users can access streaming media such as Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, and more through Kodi.
Kodi is a unique open-source media created by the XBMC Foundation (a non-profit organization). The software streams both online and local media. It’s available for multiple devices and has an excellent user interface. However, Kodi functionality is stimulated by additional applications named addons. Kodi addons are special software that provides Kodi with streaming media. The user can stream movies, TV shows, music, documentary, live TV sports, kids’ entertainment. Best Kodi builds don’t swindle copyrighted content. The user should search for license addons from the Kodi repository or legal third-party apps.
Kodi has broad technology as developers modify the software regularly to user’s needs. Kodi contains builds, software that includes a library of addons. To help customize the Kodi interface and ease the streaming process. Today Kodi has unique modifications as users can operate different profiles based on user needs and age. The user can create and manage Kodi profiles to stream for each family member. The changes apply through a simple Kodi setup and don’t require much knowledge and skills. One can create different Kodi profiles for multiple users. Each user can settle for extra skin based on preference.
The features help in differentiating and restrict access to particular folders or network share. All users can have a different medial library and preferred addons. It provides more settings for Keymaps, RSS feed, and network settings. Setting Kodi profile helps in switching between profiles for everyone to experience the fun.
How to create new profiles in Kodi
Kodi contains a default profile which is called master users. It is the “admin” account for the software. However, the user can add multiple profiles to suit family and friends. The setup provides a new look and functionality to the Kodi media player. The user can access more information and features such as access to particular folders, skins, addons, and more. The user can have a regular profile and testing profiles. The different profiles assist the user in watching other content and still keeping track of their viewing history. The profiles provide age-appropriate content for children.
- Open your Kodi homepage and proceed to the “settings” option.
- Select the option “profile settings” >profiles on the menu list.
- The system will display all profiles you have created. For the first-time user or set up, the page will show the default profile (master user).
- To create new profiles, the user needs to click on “add profile” from the page.
- The page will display an input box “profile name.” enter your preferred name and click the “OK” button.
- Next, you will an input box indicated as” browse for a folder.” Don’t enter any detail in the space and click the “OK” button.
- The options will direct you to the “edit profile” page. Here the user should set the options for the new profile.
- Profile name
The user can change the profile name to the preferred name.
- Profile picture
Enter your profile picture to help in identifying the user.
- Profile directory
The section contains the folder where user-profiles and individual settings are stored.
- Lock preference.
The user can store their best music, videos, programs, file manager, and settings using a text password, numeric password, or button combo.
- Media info
The option allows users to have different media for each profile. The tab has various options such as:
Create a profile with different media and full control.
- Share with default
The user can share the media info with the default user and have complete control.
- Share with default: read-only
One can share information with the default user but is locked by master code.
- Separate: locked
The profile contains other media info but can be modified through enabling master code.
- Media sources
The option allows users to have separate media sources for every profile.
- Shares with default
- Share with default: read-only
- Separate: locked.
Suppose the user doesn’t edit the above features; the system will display a dialog box. Which request you to start with fresh settings or use/copy from default. The more specific settings are copying from default and ensure to edit based on your preference.
How to switch profile in Kodi
After setting up Kodi profiles, you can switch between profiles for a better experience.
- Open your Kodi home screen and click the “settings” tab on the page.
- Next, click the option “profile settings.
- Choose the profiles from the menu and select what you prefer.
- Right-click on the profile and select the “load profile” button.
- Give the system some seconds, and the Kodi application will reload. The process will direct you to the new profile.
- The user can also use the “hotkeys” to switch the Kodi profiles. However, they should be enabled. First, bind the load profile process to a key through the “Load profile” function under the Keymaps.xml document.
Kodi profiles are significant and provide an incredible user experience. It’s the best way to share your Kodi with family and friends without interfering with other user’s content. The profiles are easy to customize based on the user’s liking.