Facebook is one of the most popular social networking platforms where you can share your photos,videos,views and opinions by posting on your timeline. You can even like, comment, save links or posts whenever you come across an interesting title or your friend’s latest uploaded photo, etc., you can simply hit a like or comment it. Facebook is seeking the attention of billions of people across the world. As it offers an easy user access, people are getting addicting to this social media platform.
Facebook has lot of in built features. If you take a pew to explore each of the features, you’d uncover pretty a lot. There are amazingly cool things you didn’t know Facebook could probably do. Here are 18 hidden features in your Facebook that you never knew you could do with it. Take a look!
- 1 1. Let your Friends know How to pronounce your name
- 2 2. Disable Facebook messages “seen” option
- 3 3. Never forget the birthday of your friend by using this trick
- 4 4. Search easily for the post on a certain topic posted by your friend.
- 5 5. Hide your friends list
- 6 6. Share your post only to the people whom you want to share
- 7 7. Stop auto-playing of videos in your news feed
- 8 8. Know the exact size of photo to be uploaded for cover photo and profile picture.
- 9 9. Avoid receiving annoying game requests
- 10 10. Turn off chat for only some friends.
- 11 11. Change your relationship status by hiding it from your friends
- 12 12. Save an article for further reading.
- 13 13. Edit the picture after uploading it from the Facebook app.
- 14 14. Create a “Look Back” video of your entire Facebook history.
- 15 15. Download “Photo albums”
- 16 16. Create a Photo Collage Using Pictures of Your Facebook Friends.
- 17 17. Choose one of your friend as your legacy contact
- 18 18. Add Some Extra Security to your account
1. Let your Friends know How to pronounce your name
You may get irritated every time when your friend doesn`t pronounce your name properly. This trick will help you in such a way that you can select how to pronounce your name. Let your friends know how to pronounce your name.
- Go to —> Profile Page—> About You
- Click on “Details About You“
- Go to—>Name pronunciation
- Click on “How do you say your name?”
2. Disable Facebook messages “seen” option
Sometimes you may not be in a mood to give a reply to your friends. But your friends starts thinking that you are ignoring them when they see “seen by you” receipts. To avoid this simply you can disable that option by following this simple trick.
- Download the Facebook Unseen Chrome extension
- If you are a user of Firefox then download “Chat undetected“
3. Never forget the birthday of your friend by using this trick
Sometimes, you may forget your friends birthday. You may not be able to wish them. Your friend may get depressed by this. So send all upcoming birthdays to your Google calendar. It automatically reminds you on that particular date.
- Go to your—>Events page in the left column.
- Click on “upcoming birthdays” and Copy the link
- Open Google Calendar and click on the down arrow next to Other Calendars > Add by URL, paste the URL
4. Search easily for the post on a certain topic posted by your friend.
If you’re looking for something specific a friend has posted, type their name and a keyword, and the post will appear in the results.
5. Hide your friends list
Sometimes people may search your friends from your profile and starts messaging them. To avoid this, simply change your privacy settings so that other person cannot view your friends list.
- Go to—>Friends tab
- Click on “Edit privacy“.
- Change it to “Only me“
- Go to—> “Who should see this?” menu next to the Post button
- Select Custom and add your friends list to whom you want to share.
7. Stop auto-playing of videos in your news feed
Most of times your data may be wasted in loading the undesired videos on your news feed. This problem was mainly faced by those users who are accessing their facebook through mobile phones.
- Open the Facebook app > Settings > Videos and Photos > Auto-play
- slide to disable Smart Auto-play and then select Use Wi-fi Only.
8. Know the exact size of photo to be uploaded for cover photo and profile picture.
Many of the times you may be confused to select the perfect photo which perfectly fits as the cover photo.
- Upload the photo with dimensions: 851 pixels wide x 315 pixels tall
9. Avoid receiving annoying game requests
- In the Facebook app, go to More > Settings > Notifications > Mobile Push
- Uncheck Application Requests
10. Turn off chat for only some friends.
Sometimes you were in a mood to chat with one person and want to hide your online status for some other person. In this case,
- open the chat window and click on options icon (gear symbol icon).
- Then go to advance settings and select Turn off chat for only some friends.
- Now you can add names of people you’d like to ignore.
11. Change your relationship status by hiding it from your friends
- Go to the—>About tab > Family and relationships
- Change your privacy settings to “Only Me”.
12. Save an article for further reading.
You may across various number of articles in a day. There is no enough time to click all those in a day. So, save that articles and read it later by using following feature.
- click the Share button and then Save Link.
- All of your bookmarked articles will appear on in the Saved tab
13. Edit the picture after uploading it from the Facebook app.
- After uploading a photo, you can just swipe on the image left or right.
- You can press the Edit button for more options. There are seven to choose from.
14. Create a “Look Back” video of your entire Facebook history.
Go to facebook.com/lookback to watch your entire Facebook life flash before your eyes. The video, which is automatically generated by the site, features your first moments, your most liked posts, and a collage of your most recent happenings.
15. Download “Photo albums”
You may come across various photo albums. To get all those pictures, you download all those pictures individually. Instead of that, you can download all those pictures from the album at once.
- Download and install FacePAD: Facebook Photo Album Downloader
It allows you to download your friends’ facebook albums, Events albums, and Group Albums with the click on a button.
16. Create a Photo Collage Using Pictures of Your Facebook Friends.
- Click on Friends tab.
- Proceed to More tab.
- From “Choose an option” dropdown,
- choose any of the dashes “—” .
Your Facebook friends collage is right on your computer screen.
17. Choose one of your friend as your legacy contact
Facebook has created a way to name a legacy contact who will manage your account after you are gone. Your legacy contact will have the ability to write a pinned post for your profile, respond to new friend requests (, or update your profile and cover photo they won’t have access to all your messages unless you proactively decide to give them access. To assign a legacy contact,
- Go to Settings > Security > Legacy Contact tab and
- choose one of your Facebook friends to handle your digital affairs.
- You will also have the opportunity to choose that your account to be deleted after you die.
18. Add Some Extra Security to your account
Create Trusted Contacts:Trusted Contacts are Facebook friends (you’ll need to choose between three and five) who can securely help you regain access to your account. To enable this function,
- Go to Settings> Security> Trusted Contacts.
These are the cool and amazing tricks that help you use your Facebook account with much ease and in a more enhanced way. Hope these simple tricks help you find out more about the hidden features on the Facebook.