Microsoft has finally announced its new advanced Operating System Windows 10 and as promised earlier, it has also confirmed that all the users of Windows 7, 8, 8.1 will be able to upgrade free to Windows 10. Microsoft always astonishes its users by introducing news features for all applications, improving user interface and enhancing software thereby easing the day-to-day chores of its users. People had highly anticipated for the latest version of Windows and finally it is out with best features and user interface. All the major issues that were raised in the previous versions of Windows 7 and 8, users can view all those issues have been resolved in the latest upgraded Windows 10. Microsoft has relinquished the free version of Windows 10 for all its trustworthy users that can be upgraded very easily. Here you can find the process of freely upgrading your Windows from 7, 8, 8.1 to the latest version Windows 10.
System Requirements for Windows 10
Before upgrading your PC with Windows 10, you must ensure that your system meets the below mentioned requirements:
- 1 GigaHertz (GHz)
- 1GB of RAM for 32 Bit
- 2GB of RAM for 64 Bit
- Hard disk space:
- 16 GB for 32-Bit
- 20 GB for 64-Bit
- Graphics card:
- DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
Steps to Free Upgrade Windows from 7, 8, 8.1 to Windows 10
Windows 10 is a free upgraded version for the users who are running Windows 7 or Windows 8, 8.1. Here’s is the simple process with detailed steps of how you can upgrade:
- Initially, open Windows Update by searching in the Start Menu or Screen of your PC that is currently running on Windows 7 or 8.1 OS.
- Check whether your PC/Laptop is eligible so that it displays the option to upgrade to Windows 10.
- If you are using Windows 7 version of OS, make sure that you are running the latest version of Windows 7 SP1 and if you are using Windows 8.1, ensure that you are running Windows 8.1 Update.
- If you don’t have the latest version of Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update, you need to first download the SP1 update for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 Update.
Click Here: Download the 32-bit Tool
Click Here: Download the 64-bit Tool
Download Windows 10 Toolkit for 32 Bit and 64 Bit
- Run the tool and then select the upgrade option on your PC. Windows 10 will then start downloading and once it’s ready you’ll be presented with three options:
- Keep personal files and apps
- Keep personal files only
- Select the first option (Keep personal files and apps) to ensure your PC upgrades and you keep your files and applications.
- Windows 10 will then start installing on your PC and after a few reboots and customizations you’ll be upgraded to Windows 10.
- Agree to all Microsoft’s terms during the following prompts.
- If you install Windows 10 and if you wish to go back to your previous versions Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 then you can safely restore it by following below steps:
- Settings > Update & Security > Choose the option to go back to Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
- You need to wait as it takes pretty much time depending on the speed of your Network.
- This is the way to download the Windows 10 ISO if you can’t wait for the Windows 10 upgrade to display on your PC.
- If you are facing issues with activation and serial keys do check Windows 10 Serial Keys – Click Here.
Windows 10 is a free upgrade that offers the full version of Windows 10 for the users who Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 update. Windows 10 upgrade is not just a trial or limited version. You can run this new version on your PC or laptop for free for the supported lifetime of your device. Microsoft offers this free upgrade offer for one year from July 29 and after that year is up, you must then purchase Windows 10.