If you don’t have cable but you want to watch TV channels as if you do have one, then there’s a great alternative known as 123TV. 123TV, as you may or may not know, is a live TV streaming website. With it, you can watch and enjoy a variety of American TV channels by using your Firestick. What’s great about 123TV is that you don’t need to subscribe or become a member of its service. Plus, there’s an extensive variety of channels available, and it only continues to grow.
At the moment, 123TV doesn’t have its very own app that you can download, however, it works perfectly fine on web browsers. Fortunately, it’s completely possible to download popular browsers to the Firestick, such are Mozilla Firefox or Silk Browser.
All you have to do is access 123TV through your browser of choice and you should be all set to start watching live TV. Convenient, right? It may seem a little daunting, but don’t worry—we’ll thoroughly discuss the process below.
Install a Browser Onto Your Amazon Firestick
As previously mentioned, 123TV doesn’t have an app available just yet for its service. As such, you need to make use of a browser first if you want to use it on your Firestick. We highly recommend that you use the Silk Browser to watch 123TV on your Firestick or Fire TV. This is because the Silk Browser is specially designed by Amazon itself, and has already been customized for Firestick and Fire TV. Compared to other browsers, the websites look so much better and it offers more options than others, too.
But if your device is an Android, then it’s best if you use Google Chrome instead. For the purpose of this guide, however, we’ll go ahead and use Silk Browser as an example. If you happen to prefer any other browser, you can choose that one instead. The process will still be similar, if not completely the same.
That being said, follow this process to install Silk Browser—or your browser of choice—on your Amazon Firestick.
- Open up your Firestick and head over to the home screen. Click on the Search feature to open up the on-screen keyboard.
- Type in Silk Browser.
- Look for the app in the search suggestions and click on it.
- Choose the option that either says Get or Download.
- After installing, simply tap on Open.
You’ll be able to start using the browser immediately after launching it, but what if you want to access the browser at a later time? Fortunately, this is also a simple process, and won’t require too much time and effort.
- Press and hold the Home button, which can be found on your Firestick’s remote control. A menu should appear on your screen.
- Choose Apps. You’ll be redirected to a page where all your installed apps are kept.
- Look for the icon of the Silk Browser app (or the browser you downloaded and installed into your Firestick).
- Simply click on it and it will launch.
Now that your Firestick has a web browser, you’re one step closer to watching live TV through 123TV.
- Launch the web browser.
- Tap on the browser’s search bar and type in 123tvnow.com using the on-screen keypad.
- Click Go. This will redirect you to the homepage of 123TV.
- You’ll find a variety of channels and categories on the get-go, and the site is pretty much user friendly.
- Simply choose what channel you want to watch to start streaming Live TV.
123TV won’t require you to sign up or create an account, but you can expect to find ads.
How to Use 123TV via Laptop or PC
Of course, if you don’t have a Firestick or you’re looking for another way to access 123TV, you can watch live TV with your laptop or computer. In this case, it’s best to use Google Chrome—but again, any browser would still work fine.
- Open up the browser and type in 123tvnow.com.
- Similar to the Firestick, you’ll be offered a variety of categories.
- Choose a channel that interests you and enjoy!
Technology truly doesn’t cease to amaze. With 123TV, you have all the entertainment you need with just a few taps of a screen—and it won’t even cost you extra! If you like watching live television, then 123TV is a great site to check out.