CES 2015 is kicking off with several big announcements, and the latest one is from ASUS. The ASUS Zenfone 2 is ASUS’ flagship phone for 2015 and it features some excellent specs. The display is of the IPS variety and is sized at 5.5-inches with a 1080p resolution. The design of the phone utilizes brushed metal and has a rounded back, similar to the design of the HTC One (M8). The ZenFone 2 is the first phone anywhere to be equipped with 4GB of dual-channel RAM (on the high-end model). The other specifications & details of ZenFone 2 are mentioned below.
The Asus ZenFone 2 is one of the very pleasant surprises unveiled at CES 2015. Asus really outdid itself in its signature value-for-money territory, outing a phone with awesome features. It’s a definite competitor to offerings from the likes of HTC, Samsung, and LG at an amazing price. Here are some specifications of Asus Zenphone 2 Smart Phone.
ASUS ZenFone 2 Specifications Review:
- 4GB of dual-channel RAM
- Non-removable Li-Po 3000 mAh battery
- IPS capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- 1080p x 1920 pixels, 5.5 inches Display
- Quad-core Intel Atom Z3580 processor (Z3560 in some regions)
- Runs Android 5.0 Lollipop with the latest ZenUI from Asus
- The phone is impressively styled, with a brushed metal body that tapers to just 3.9mm on the edges.
- Low price ($199)
- 13 MP, 4128 x 3096 pixels, Auto focus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash Primary Camera
- 5 MP Secondary Camera
- 2.3 GHz 64-bit Intel Atom processor
- 4G/LTE connectivity
ASUS ZenFone 2 Design: Luxurious, ultra-thin Ergonomic Arc design
ASUS ZenFone 2 has a stunning, all-new design employing iconic ASUS design elements that echo the spirit of Zen, with a luxurious brushed metal body that tapers to just 3.9mm on the edges, not unlike the Moto X. The metal body is reminiscent of an HTC design, but the rear-mounted power and volume buttons look more like an LG affectation. That said, the textured metal is similar to ASUS’ own high-end tablets. There’s no denying that the ZenFone 2 is a looker.
ASUS ZenFone 2 Camera:
The camera in the Zenfone 2 is a big deal for ASUS. It’s a 13-megapixel sensor that’s paired with an f/2.0 aperture and pixel-merging technology for significant improvements in low-light performance. ASUS also says that it has the best HDR out there, but we’ll have to test it out before we can believe that. On the front-facing side, we can find a 5-Megapixel camera.
Asus also made it clear over and over again that its PixelMaster software is available with both cams and offers goodies such as a low light shooting mode that can supposedly snap photos that are up to 400% brighter, though the digital noise at this level will likely be pretty visible, too.
ASUS ZenFone 2 Mobile Display:
- ZenFone 2 has an incredibly sharp and vivid 5.5-inch Full HD IPS display with a 403ppi pixel density and a wide 178-degree viewing angle, ensuring lifelike photos and videos and great-looking apps.
- ASUS TruVivid technology enhances display performance even more with bright, brilliant colors. The display has an ultra-narrow 3.3mm bezel, giving ZenFone 2 a remarkable 72% screen-to-body ratio for a maximized viewing experience.
- An anti-fingerprint coating reduces friction by 30%, giving a luxuriously-smooth feel to touch gestures.
ASUS ZenFone 2 Mobile Processor and Memory:
- ASUS ZenFone 2 is powered by an up to 2.3GHz 64-bit Intel Atom processor Z3580 and has 4GB RAM to deliver up to seven times (7X)1 faster gaming performance than its predecessor.
- ZenFone 2 has built-in 4G/LTE connectivity for blazingly-fast data speeds of up to 150Mbit/s plus 802.11ac Wi-Fi, ensuring stutter-free streaming of video and music as well as a smooth all-round mobile experience.
- Dual-SIM capacity with Dual Active technology makes ZenFone 2 the perfect travel or business companion, allowing users to have two active phone lines on their device so they can keep in touch from anywhere.
ASUS ZenFone 2 Battery:
With the ZenFone 2 comes a hearty 3,000 mAh Li-Po unit with support for fast charging tech that will allow you to restore as much as 60% of the total capacity in as little as 39 minutes. This capacity, coupled with the frugal 1080p display would likely mean about two days of normal usage on a charge, but we will run our own tests if we get our paws on the ZenFone 2, and confirm.
ASUS has priced the Zenfone 2 at $199 off-contract and it will be available in March with five different color options.
Speaking of software, the ZenFone 2 is running Lollipop. That’s the good news – it’s also running an updated version of ASUS ZenUI software layer. ZenUI has many great new features — including ZenMotion, SnapView, Trend Micro security and ZenUI Instant Updates — that enhance usability; ensure security and privacy.
ASUS ZenFone 2 Mobile Colours:
ZenFone 2 is available in five unique colors that, together with the beauty and customizability of ASUS ZenUI, result in a smartphone that is truly personal, both inside and out. The ZenFone 2 color portfolio includes Osmium Black, Sheer Gold, Glacier Gray, Glamor Red and Ceramic White.