Windows 10 is the most coveted operating system version launched by Microsoft. Till now, millions of people have installed Windows 10 on their devices by upgrading existing OS to Windows 10. The company has launched the latest version with much easy user interface along with enhanced design and features. Most of the people are often interested in changing the backgroud image of your device’s login screen. As Windows 10 is a newly built Operating system, the way of changing login screen background is distant from other versions of Windows OS. Here’s the most simple way to change login screen background image of Windows 10 on your PC using a free app that doesn’t even require hectic installation process.
Windows 10 Login Screen Background Changer
Windows 10 Login Screen Background Changer is a free application wherein you can easily change the background screen on your Windows 10 PC just by using one-click utility. It is a complicated process whilst trying to change login screen background by entering a long password. To avoid this lengthy process, an independent developer at github has created a cool portable utility that lets you to change the login screen background on your Windows 10. You can simply download the app on your PC.
How to Use Windows 10 Login Screen Background Changer on your PC
Here are the simple steps that help you to download Windows 10 Login background changer app on your PC or Laptop. Just follow the below steps to change login screen background using this free app.
Note: This tool probably edits or replaces some of your original system files. It is highly recommended to create a System Restore before trying this progrm on your PC, so that you can go back if anything goes wrong while using this app.
Step 1: Download & Install the Program
- Initially, Download Windows 10 Login Background Changer program on your device.
- Download the program from the source link below, and unzip it to a convenient location on your computer.
- Right-click on the .EXE file and simply click Run as administrator.
- A pop-up window displays which shows a warning to proceed at your own risk. Just hit “Continue” to install it on your PC.
Step 2: Change Background
- Now, you will be presented with Windows 10 Login Background Changer window with multiple options.
- You can easily change the background to an image of your choice from your computer’s local storage just by clicking on Browse for an image.
- You can also choose a color along with the Windows accent color.
- After making all these changes, just hit on Apply Changes.
Step 3: Optional Settings
This program also lets you change user information or networking/power icons shown in the bottom-right corner of the image. But, these are just optional settings as the app developer warns it might break your system functionality.
Your device’s background image will be successfully changed by using this Windows 10 Login Screen Background Changer. Sign out or use Windows + L shortcut keys and press Enter key to see the new login screen background.
How to Fix Login Issues
If you run into login issues after using this free background changer program, simply try the following fix to get your system back in working state without having to reinstall it completely:
- If your system face any trouble using this program, start booting your device.
- During the booting process of Windows, force restart your device for three times.
- To force restart, Just Hold down power button on your computer or laptop until it gets shut down.
- Then, turn on your system again and repeat this process thrice.
- Now, Click Advanced options >> Troubleshoot >> Advanced Options >> Command Prompt
- In command prompt, type echo list volume | diskpart and find your Windows drive letter.
- Now, Type in [win]:
- [win] is nothing but your Windows drive letter (lowercase).
- Type in cd %windir%SystemResourcesWindows.UI.Logon
- Again, type del Windows.UI.Logon.pri
- Type in copy Windows.UI.Logon.pri.bak Windows.UI.Logon.pri
- Now, Close the Command Prompt and Click Continue to login.
Follow the above mentioned steps if you face any difficulties while using Windows 10 Login Screen Background Changer program. Hope this tutorial help you change your Windows 10 Login Screen Background image without any issues.