People are highly inquisitive to install Windows 10 on their devices which has been recently launched by Microsoft. Now, it is available for download and there are different ways to install Windows 10 on your PC or Laptop. Microsoft has provided an option for all its users that your device running on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 versions will automatically prompt you to upgrade to Windows 10. You can also choose bootable media to install Windows 10 on your device. But, using DVD drive, it is not possible to install Windows 10 on devices like ultra books, small laptops, and tablets as there is no slot for DVD drive or Optical disk drive. Here is an easy way to install Windows 10 on your device from a USB drive. For that, you need to create a bootable USB for Windows 10. This tutorial guides you how to create a bootable USB Disk for Windows 10.
Simple Steps to Create Bootable USB Disk for Windows 10
For creating a bootable USB Disk for Windows 10, first you have to make sure that the USB or DVD drive you use as a bootable media is clean without any important data. Because this process will format the drive completely and if there is any important data, it might be lost. So, ensure that the drive is empty without any data. Also, your drive must have a minimum of 4GB capacity. Now, you can start creating bootable media for Windows 10 by following the below steps:
Step 1: Download Media Creation Tool
- Initially, Download Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.
- Download the 32-bit Tool
- Download the 64-bit Tool
- The above links can be used to download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.
- To know the type of Windows you are running on your system:
- Go to Start>>Control Panel>>System and Security
- Under System and Security, go to System.
- Now, click on System. You will get the basic information about your computer wherein you can find the System Type as shown below:
Step 2: Launch the Application
- Once Media creation tool is installed on your device, launch the application.
- Windows 10 setup displays on the screen wherein you will be asked “What do you want to do?”
- Now, select Create installation media for another PC, and then, click Next.
Step 3: Select Language, Edition & Architecture
- On the next screen, you need to select your preferred Language and Architecture (as shown in the previous Step 1).
- Select the edition based on your current running edition of Windows Operating System.
- Choose Windows 10 Home Edition
- If you are currently running Windows 7 Starter, Windows 7 Home Basic, Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 with Bing.
- Choose Windows 10 Pro Edition
- If you are currently running Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro, Windows 8 Professional, Windows 8.1 Professional with Media Centre.
- Choose Windows 10 Home Single Language Edition
- If you are currently running Windows 8 Single Language, Windows 8.1 Single Language, or Windows 8 Single Language with Bing.
- Choose Windows 10 Home China Edition.
- If you are currently running Windows 8 Chinese Language Edition, Windows 8.1 Chinese Language Edition, or Windows 8 Chinese Language Edition with Bing.
- Choose Windows 10 Home Edition
- Check your current working edition and Click Next.
Step 4: Choose Media
- On the next screen, you need to choose the type of media which is used to boot Windows 10.
- Select USB flash drive and Click on Next.
- If you want to create a bootable Windows 10 USB DVD, select ISO file. You can free download Windows 10 ISO file for both 32 and 64-bit.
- Media Creation Tool will then create the bootable setup media for Windows 10 using USB drive.
Step 5: Choose What to Keep
- Now, you will get a new window that displays three options:
- Keep Personal Files and apps
- Keep Personal files only
- Select Nothing and Click on Next.
- As you are creating installation media using a USB, your PC will then restart and starts Windows 10 installation process.
Note: After your device has restarted, if you see a message that says “Install Windows” instead of installation progress for your PC, you’ll need to disconnect the USB and then restart your PC again.
Now, Just follow the on-screen instructions and this is the process of creating bootable USB disk for Windows 10. You can also clean install windows 10 on your PC or Laptop using a USB or DVD drive. Follow the simple steps in order to create bootable USB disk for Windows 10. Hope this tutorial guides you in the best way to create a bootable media for your Windows 10.