Popular mobile messaging service WhatsApp has started rolling out its most expected Free voice calling features for Android, iOS users with version 2.11.508 of WhatsApp, which is the app’s latest version. On Friday, several Android mobile users were able to use the voice calling feature on WhatsApp after receiving a call from a friend who already had the service activated. Here in this tutorial you can get the simple procedure to activate Whatsapp Voice Calling Feature to your Android device.
New Update for Whatsapp to Activate Whatsapp Calls:
Some screenshots of WhatsApp’s new voice calling feature appeared on Reddit. Reportedly, this new feature will allow WhatsApp users to make free voice calls to their online pals by simply tapping your phone icon to call their WhatsApp friends.
A reddit user – Pradnesh Patil, posted the screenshots of the Whatsapp’s voice calling feature and said, Its like an invite thing, where a person with the call feature needs to “call” another person who wants to start using the feature, it only appears to work for people running Lollipop 5.0.x on a Nexus 5 phone.
The latest build(2.11.508) downloaded from Whatsapp’s Official site, has this feature. As this feature is still in beta mode, not everyone who downloads and install this latest build will get the new feature. WhatsApp hasn’t officially announced the roll-out but with the number of devices supporting the feature, we can anticipate an announcement any time soon. But many people don’t know How to enable it? Let us find out. Before that check out the Minimum requirements to Get this Whatsapp voice calling feature.
Check : Install Whatsapp for PC
- Android OS should be 2.1 or above. iPhone or iOS, you can install this beta version 184.108.40.206 of WhatsApp
- Active Internet connection
- Tablet devices are not supported
How to Enable WhatsApp Voice Calling for Android Users?
- In order to get the feature activated on your phone, Android users must first update their app to the latest version.
Click here to Download Latest version of Whatsapp to activate free voice calling
- The file size is 18.52MB and would require Android 2.1 and higher and to get the calling feature you need to have a Android 4.4 KitKat and above version running your Android handset.
- After downloading click on Install button.
- Your Whatsapp Calls has been activated successfully
- Once updated, you need to find a user who already has the feature activated and ask them to call you.
- This will activate the voice calling feature on your WhatsApp, granting you the access to invite other friends on your contact list to do the same.
- That’s it now you can use Whatsapp with the person who already got Activated.
The feature is not available yet on the iPhone although WhatsApp’s recent iOS update had introduced a calling button within the chat window. The feature also doesn’t work on Windows Phone handsets, at the moment.
How to Activate WhatsApp Voice-Calling for iOS Devices?
- First, users need to Download WhatsApp beta 220.127.116.11 version of WhatsApp app on their iPhone.
Click here to Download new version of WhatsApp
- Then users must add iMokholes repository to the list of Cydia sources.
Click here to Add iMokholes Repo to the list of Cydia sources
- Once you have the repo added, Install WhatsApp Call Enabler from Cydia Settings.
- Finally, find someone who has the feature activated and ask them to call you.
- Check : Whatsapp best DP collection
This feature has not yet activated for Windows Phone users. You will get it activated soon.
Voice calling applications aren’t new, apps like Viber, Skype, Line, Hike even support VoIP. But as Whatsapp has highest user count (700 million active users) in social messaging application, it gives a tough competition for its competitors. Whatsapp Voice calling for Windows Phone is still under process, you have to wait for few more days.