So you bought a new phone. Congratulations! Perhaps you might want to take the next step and activate it on MetroPCS. However, where do you begin? You’d be surprised to know that the whole process isn’t even that hard, and you can do it all by yourself. This means you have to insert your SIM card to your new phone, choose your service plan, and call customer service so you can activate your MetroPCS phone.
What is MetroPCS?
MetroPCS, which also goes by the name Metro, is a prepaid brand owned by T-Mobile. It was once the 5th largest mobile telecom network in the USA. They formerly used code-division multiple access technology.
MetroPCS provides its subscribers with a wide assortment of phones that can fit each of their needs. These include phones that have a touchscreen like smartphones, messaging capabilities, as well as a music player. Activating a brand new phone that runs on MetroPCS involves an entire process of starting services found on a used MetroPCS handset. This is in contrast to a user purchasing a brand new device.
You have a couple of options for adding the phone to serve as an extra line on your account. You can also choose to open up a brand new account and change a phone that has been listed in your number, no matter how long you’ve owned the phone.
How to Activate a MetroPCS Phone?
- Gather all the required details. Make sure that you have all the basic information. This includes your new SIM card, your new phone number, and your new phone. Of course, you need to enter your name, address, and PIN;
- If you don’t own a new SIM card at the moment, or if you’re converting an old phone back to MetroPCS, then you can pick one up from any MetroPCS or T-Mobile service center. You can also get this from your nearest retail store;
- The next step is to find your serial numbers. To be able to activate the phone using MetroPCS, you have to give serial numbers for both your new phone, as well as the new SIM card. The card’s serial number is located on the back of the SIM card itself. If not, then it’s likely found on the plastic packaging where you got your SIM card.
For your phone, you can search for the serial number (otherwise known as an IMEI) across several places, such as your phone’s box, or on the phone itself, such as the surface of the area beneath its batteries. You can also do this through your phone’s device settings;
- It’s now time to insert your SIM card. Place it inside your phone, according to the instructions found on your phone’s handbook. Remember that each phone model has its own set of instructions on how to insert a SIM card;
- Go to the official MetroPCS website and check out all currently available plans for your new phone. There are basic plans, as well as unlimited plans that cost a pretty penny. Be sure to choose one that fits your budget. If you want to change your plan, then you can do so any time; and
- At this point, go to the official MetroPCS activation page, or call their customer service hotline to talk to an activation specialist. Use the info you’ve gathered (SIM number, your subscription plan, IMEI, etc.) to complete the process. You may also have to pay your monthly bills after the activation; and
- Your phone should be up and running after carefully following these steps.