Earlier today, Yu made its debut in the Indian market and launched its first smartphone called the Yureka. The brand is backed by Micromax and the Indian smartphone vendor signed a deal with Cyanogen to offer support to the Yu-branded smartphones. The Yureka is priced at Rs 8,999, which is Rs 1,000 cheaper than the Redmi Note 4G, and hence becomes the cheapest LTE-capable smartphone in the Indian smartphone market. The YU Yureka comes with Cyanogen preloaded, which allows for a lot of development, almost from the moment you open the box.
The first device in the YU series, consumers expect decent cameras even in the budget smartphone category. Yu Yureka will target tech-savvy but budget-conscious buyers, and is banking on catchy names and slogans with “attitude”. These phones will only be available online. You need to get register for the mobile.
Must Check this : Asus Zenfone 2 Specs, Review And Release Date
In the Packing box of YU Yureka you get :
- Yu Yureka Handset
- Charger + Cable
- 2500 mAh Battery
Best Price of Yu Yureka :
The official price of the Micromax Yu Yureka is Rs. 8,999. Yu Yureka is the best mobile with most usefull features at low cost. First phone with CyanogenMod 11 OS at the lowest price. Price is the most important and biggest factor as it play a crucial role in price-sensitive middle class and the aspiring youth population in India.
Watch: Micromax YU Yureka Quick Hands on Review, Features
Micromax YU Yureka Features :
First look goes to the display, The Yureka has a 5.5-inch IPS display with resolution of 1280 x 720 and 267 ppi. It has an oleophobic coating as well as Corning Gorilla Glass 3 to stave off smudges and scratches. Slimmer mobile phones are easier to carry and look more fashionable. The screen was fairly legible in sunlight and though it isn’t perfectly crisp, it’s one of the better ones we’ve seen on such a low-priced phone. It is slim enough at 8.8 mm. Touch Displays offer a more interactive experience. The “moonstone grey” rear has an interesting texture.
High Resolution Screen – Images, videos and text will look more sharp and clear.
Quite Big Screen ( 5.5 inches ) – Reading, browsing internet and watching videos is more pleasing experience on a bigger screen.
Sharp Screen ( 267 ) ppi – Images, videos will look amazing on this sharp and clear screen. Text will be easier to read.
And there is no single sign of micromax on the mobile, there is only YU symbol on the back side of the mobile.The packing was so simple which means Yu really doesn’t want to be associated with its parent company. The packing was just brown cardboard with Yu and Cyanogen logos printed on all sides, but the a single sign of micromax.
Yu Yureka has 13-megapixel rear camera with autofocus, LED flash, and 1080p video capture for the Yu Yureka. As well as this it has a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. Rear camera 13MP CMOS camera with a f2.2 aperture for better low-light photography. This 5MP front camera that has a 71 degree wide angle lens.
Operating System :
- Yu Yureka runs Android 4.4 KitKat-based CyanogenMod 11 OS. Cyanogen 11 just happens to be 64-bit capable, Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 (MSM8939) (ARM Cortex A53, Quad 1.5GHz & Quad 1.0GHz) Processor.which makes that feature worthwhile too.
- It is slim enough at 8.8 mm and at around 150 grammes, relatively lightweight too. The Yureka measures 154.8mm x 78mm x 8.8mm.
- The Yu Yureka has 2GB of RAM, which is good for a phone in this price bracket. There’s 16GB of internal storage space and up to 32GB can be added using a microSD card.
- The Yureka has a 2500 mAh removable battery. But it has less battery backup. It can be used only for 8 hours continously.
- You can connect to wifi hotspots in your area to experience a superior internet experience.
- 3G Enabled Handsets give you more download speed and a faster internet experience.
- GPS is used for determining your location. You can get directions to a place with the help of GPS.
- Having 3.5mm Jack enables you to connect to large number of other devices (such as speakers, headphones) having 3.5mm Port.
- Gyroscope : Determines orientation and rotation and provides more accurate 3D motion tracking than an accelerometer
Yu Yureka Hands on Review, Camera, features, design, price
You can Customize and change the display look :
Because of the Cyanogen OS Yu Yureka looks good, and one of its strengths is that you can customise many aspects of its appearance you can change the lockscreen, it can be disabled in the settings and the default lockscreen with shortcuts and widgets replaced it. Yu Yureka will let you install theme packs and customise icons, fonts, sound packs and even boot animations. Unlike stock Android, you can change the complete look of your Android device with CyanogenMod.
Disadvantages with Yu Yureka :
- You can’t connect your phone to a TV.
- Short Battery Talk Time only 8 Hours
- With short battery talk time, you won’t be able to talk continuously on the phone for a long period of time without charging.
Micromax Yu Yureka comes with the lowest, affordable price tag and most importantly intuitive OS. It will definitely attract all the gadgets lovers and who love to have a high level gadgets at lowest cost.