We have numerous torrent streaming sites available on the web that lets you download your favorite movies, videos and TV shows with much ease. With the abundance growth of the internet users, bounteous websites have been expanding in a rapid way in order to help users watch their favorite shows with a great experience. The Pirate Bay is one of the most popular torrent trackers that allows users to stream content like movies and TV shows directly without requiring any other downloads.
Recently, it has implemented a new Torrents Time browser plugin by which it has now completely transformed itself into the world’s largest video streaming website. Are you seeking to install this torrents tracker on your device? Or have you installed it already on your Windows or Mac device? Beware! The users of the Pirate Bay are at risk because of the contracting malware that affects Windows and MAC devices stealing confidential and private banking information.
However, if you’ve installed it on your MAC device, it is pretty much arduous to uninstall or remove it from your device. So, I have come up with a solution with the simple steps to uninstall it. Here’s is how to uninstall that malicious tracker from your Windows or MAC device. Here’s how to ensure you are safe.
The Pirate Bay Exposes your Device to Malware
The Pirate Bay has been facing some tough times these days. Most of the Pirate Bay users have experienced an extended downtime by the site for several months. Later, the flexible file-sharing site returned within two months total with a new domain name, thepiratebay.se.
Since its restoration, the site has experienced numerous interruptions, and some safety issues were called into an inquiry. Initially, the site was destroyed by previous moderators who were not called back after its re-entry. They warned users that files downloaded from the site could be risky and contain malware as they were not being properly monitored at the new version of the site. Then, false reports scattered across the Web that the new version of the site was actually being run as a trap by the FBI to seize illegal file sharers.
Hackers have now accomplished to exploit vulnerabilities in some of these sites to invade them with critical malware that can steal users’ banking information. Luckily, this can be avoided with much ease just by checking to make sure that you are using the original Pirate Bay site at the thepiratebay.se domain and not one of the multiple, which have some variation of the original Pirate Bay Web address.
The Mac owners are at even more prone to risk from using The Pirate Bay’s new plug-in Torrents Time. This is because Torrents Time app for Mac runs as a root user which could expose a huge security issue for Apple users as a potential hacker ruins the app and installs malware on it.
How to Uninstall The Pirate Bay on Windows & MAC Devices?
If you don’t wish to have this malicious tracker on your device (Windows or MAC), you can just uninstall it. However, even you uninstall it from your Windows device, it won’t get uninstalled completely leaving behind some traces of the software. When coming to the Mac devices, it is quite challenging to remove it. So, here is a detailed guide on how to uninstall The Pirate Bay on your Windows and MAC device. Check it out!
If you are a Windows user, you can Remove Programs from your device by uninstalling the program from the Contraol Panel. Here is the process:
- Initially, Click Start menu and hit on the Control Panel option.
- Click on Programs – Uninstall a Program.
- You’ll get a list of programs that are present on your device wherein you need to locate Pirate Bay and right click on it to uninstall the program.
- Just follow the uninstall wizard and uninstall the program.
Uninstall Pirate Bay 1.0 with Build-in Uninstaller
Most computer programs on Windows device are installed with its built-in uninstaller that can also help uninstall the program. Follow these simple steps to completely uninstall The Pirate Bay from your device:
- Go to Start menu and Find Pirate Bay folder. Just click on its Uninstaller.
- Simply follow its uninstaller and uninstall the program.
- In order to run its uninstaller, just follow the steps.
- Move to the folder where the original program was installed.
- Locate its uninstaller which is usually named as unins000.exe or uninstall.exe. The program will be uninstalled.
Even you uninstall or remove any of the programs on your Windows device it can only uninstall the main executable files of the program and there will be some traces of the program files and components. Some invalid files may be left in system registry and folders. In order to completely remove Pirate Bay from your device, you need to get rid of those remnants. If you don’t do so, your device might get exposed to malicious malware devastating other programs.
If you want to thoroughly delete its files without leaving even its remnants, just follow the steps:
- Run Registry Editor.
- Find and delete all registry entries of the program in
- HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftware, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARE and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRuneg ui
- Find and delete all files of the program in system folders C:Program Files, C:Document and SettingsAll UsersApplication Data and C:Documents and Settings%USER%Application Data.
Note: We highly recommend only the advanced computer users must manually edit the registry and remove Pirate Bay. Because, if you delete any single registry entry unknowingly it might lead to some critical issues or even system crash.
- Now, install Revo Uninstaller on your device and run it to completely uninstall the traces of The Pirate Bay from your Windows device.
Here’s a simple procedure to uninstall The Pirate Bay from your Mac device. Check it out!
1. Go to the Finder application. Now, press (shift+command+G).
2. A window will be displayed wherein you need to paste the following:
- ( /Library/LaunchDaemons/ ) then delete ( com.torrents-time.helper.plist ) manually.
- ( /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/ ) then delete ( com.torrents-time.helper ) manually.
- ( /Library/Preferences/ ) then delete ( com.torrents-time.plist ) manually.
- ( /Library/Application Support/ ) then delete folder ( com.torrents-time ) manually.
3. When you follow this procedure, it will be uninstalled.
4. Even then, if you find any traces of the Torrents Time on your device, you need to Restart your device before it works.
5. You can find STREAM IT link and it should prompt you to reinstall upon clicking on it. By this you can understand that The Pirate Bay has been completely uninstalled from your MAC device.
There is a much easier and safer way to uninstall Pirate Bay’s new plug-in Torrents Time from your Mac and Windows device completely. Hope this tutorial guides you in the best way to uninstall The Pirate Bay torrents tracker from your device completely without leaving behind any traces.