Here, you’ll learn how to send anonymous text messages through quick and simple ways. Remember, regular devices like smartphones and computers are vulnerable to privacy breaches, security risks, and hacker attacks. Similar to how you can safely use the Internet through incognito mode on many Web browsers or VPN solutions, there are also straightforward methods for you to send text messages without exposing your number or any other personal information. And, here’s a list of ways on how to do this:
How to Send Anonymous Texts Through Email?
There are a lot of providers that allow their users to send text messages anonymously using email. Here’s a helpful tip for you: If you want to do this while remaining completely anonymous, then you can go and use a temporary email address. However, you have to know the recipient’s email or phone number to make this work. Afterward, you can now send your messages to the number of your choice by using any of these options:
For AT&T Subscribers
- SMS (for text messages only): firstname.lastname@example.org
- MMS (for text messages with multimedia content like video clips or digital photos): email@example.com
For MetroPCS Subscribers
- SMS and MMS: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Sprint Subscribers
- SMS: email@example.com
- MMS: firstname.lastname@example.org
For T-Mobile Subscribers
- SMS & MMS: email@example.com
For Verizon Wireless Subscribers
- SMS: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MMS: email@example.com
Another advantage here is that unlike emails, you no longer have to place a mandatory subject line in the text. If you still insist on doing so, then it’ll show up in parenthesis. Also, keep in mind that the text messages that your recipients get in their emails will appear as TXT files, which they must open through an email client or a Web browser to view its content.
To resume texting anonymously, you can still respond to it like you would with a normal email. However, if you plan on sending these texts to someone you know, then you don’t have to be too careful, or just opt to text them with your phone number instead (Your message might look strange when your recipients view them on the phone because of their email or phone’s layout).
How to Send Anonymous Text Messages Through Websites?
There’s another way for you to send a text message to someone anonymously. This is through the help of free texting websites. Sites such as TextNow and Pinger will ask you to register an account with them using your email, password, and username. Having an account allows you to check your messages on these sites any time you want, even after you close your computer.
However, in case the situation calls for texting an individual and never responding or hearing from them again, then you can use other websites that don’t require setting up an account. These sites include the following:
Sometimes, sending text messages anonymously through these websites can be more advantageous than giving someone a call. These sites have resource materials that can guide you on how to send anonymous texts.
Also, contrary to other available free SMS services, these text messaging sites all provide 99% reliability. Some even let you text overseas recipients anonymously.
Most of these platforms don’t require you to register, so there’s no hassle involved. The only thing you’ll need is a decent Internet connection. So, let’s use OpenTextingOnline as an example:
- Go to the official website;
- Pick your destination country;
- If you know your recipient’s mobile service provider, then choose it;
- Enter your recipient’s phone number;
- If you’re still looking forward to a reply from your recipient, then you must enter your email address as well, though keep in mind to use a temporary email address since we’re talking about anonymous text messages here;
- Type your message and a security code supplied by the site; and
- Send your text, and that’s it!
How to Send Anonymous Texts Using a Smartphone App?
Both the Apple App Store for iOS devices and Google Play for Android smartphones have their own set of apps that you can download and use to send and receive anonymous text messages. The most popular ones as of this writing include TextNow, Text Free, Text Me, and textPlus.
Usually, you can send and receive texts from and to a number that the app gives you. However, if you’re into anonymous texting for more secure reasons, then you might want to check out an app called Burner. This app can give you as many anonymous numbers as you want.
Meanwhile, what if you’re not into getting new numbers each time, and just prefer to send these anonymous texts from your own number instead? An app called SpoofCard can take care of that. You can change your caller ID so you can send out these anonymous texts from any number you wish. Once you’re able to get a hold of how the app works, then go ahead and text to your heart’s content — Here’s how to do this:
- Go to a free text-to-phone site on the Internet using your computer or smartphone;
- Enter your recipient’s 10-digit number, which includes an area code and a 7-digit phone number. The seven-digit number will be the number that receives these anonymous text messages. Don’t add any symbol or number before the country and area code, and don’t include any spaces between the numbers. Plus, you must refrain from adding periods or dashes;
- Type your text message in the provided box on the site. These texts are only limited to a particular amount of characters, all including spaces. Sometimes, the message will be limited to 140 or 160 characters, like a Twitter tweet; and
- Enter your verification code, and then click on “Send Message”. Your text message will now be sent anonymously.
Many of these apps won’t ask you to enter your real number. This is so your recipients have no way to track down your personal details and location.