Snapchat is one of the most popular applications pretty much simple to use. Snapchat is a real-time photo sharing and timed-app that lets you share photos in your story captured by you through the snapchat camera in real-time. You can only send photos from your gallery as snap to your friends just like a message, in your snapchat conversation. It is a unique photo sharing app that lets you send photos to your friends so that the recipient could be able to view it for a specified amount of time and gets erased permanently.
All which I have mentioned about the Snapchat is quite common and it is well-known features of this popular photo-sharing app. All this is a basic knowledge to even a novice Snapchat user. It is not just about the photo sharing app as there is much more to know about this app. There are several ways to spice up your snaps, stories and overall Snapchat experience in a much enhanced way.
Over the last few years, Snapchat has added a plethora of tools to improve and personalize the creation of photos and videos on its photo sharing platform. From the drawing tool to geo-filters, to zooming during filming and a night mode, there are now loads of tweaks. However, it is to be admitted that Snapchat might not be the most user friendly, because it has a tonne of buried features that you have to hunt down. Some of these are not exactly obvious, and there’s a chance you’re unaware with all of these hidden tips and tricks. To enhance the user experience and add fun to your Snapchat photo sharing, we’ve laid out a few tips and tricks. Take a look!
- Use Two Filters at Once
Filters make the Snapchat experience a whole lot better but did you know that you could use two filters at once? Well, you can use an image filter along with one of the data label filters that are available. You don’t have to muddy yourself of choosing between a geofilter and one of Snapchat’s photo filters. You can now use a combination i.e., you can use two filters at once.
- All you need to do is simply apply the first filter on a snap and hold one finger on the display while using another finger to choose between the other filters.
- Then, hold down on the screen with one finger as you normally would to add the first filter and carefully swipe over the photo with another finger to add the second filter.
- This may take quite a few tries to position your fingers appropriately, but the result is using two filters simultaneously.
- Know Who is following you Back on Snapchat
When you follow someone on Snapchat, you can send snaps to them, and they appear as “pending” since they did not add you back.
They also appear in your friends list. Is there any way, other than by sending them a snap, to check if someone is following you back?
Well, here is a simple tweak through which you can find out if someone is following you back on Snapchat. To know that, you need to follow the simple steps given below:
- If someone has added you, you can see at the top of your Camera screen will turn yellow icon.
- Simply tap it to head over the Profile screen.
- On the profile screen, you can tap at the “Added me”.
- Here you can see if someone is following you back and add a friend that added you by tapping on the “+” icon next.
- It will turn into a “✔”.
- That’s it! This way you can find out if someone is following you back on Snapchat.
- How can you see if someone has saved your Message on Snapchat?
You can’t see when anybody has saved your message on Snapchat. But there are mainly two ways that helps you save messages on Snapchat. Check it out!
There’s mainly only two ways they can save messages:
- Highlighting: The person you’re chatting with is able to avert the messages from clearing by pressing and holding them. This highlights them. You are able to do the same thing. But beware!
- Screenshot: The less noticeable way is to simply straight up screenshot the chat conversation. We can even call this as screen capture, screen dump or screengrab). In this case the other person will get a notification.
- Upload Images to Snapchat from a Gallery on iOS/Android
Snapchat is one of the most popular social media application used by millions of people across the world. There is no facility to upload images from the gallery to Snapchat Story directly on to your Android and iOS devices.
Usually users download special third party applications from the Google Play store so as to use them in uploading photos to snapchat from gallery. Here are some of the best apps such as Swift Pic, Photosaver or Snap Up that helps you upload images to Snapchat from your device gallery. Here are few simple steps that let you share your photos from your photo library on Android or iOS you can use one of many applications.
- Initially, download and install the Swiftpic application on your mobile device.
- Using Swift Pic, you can upload photos and videos from Camera Roll to Snapchat fast!
You can even use other Google Play Store apps mentioned before and enjoy your snapping. You can send saved pictures from your gallery to other people by swiping to the right on another individual’s name, but you can’t put them on your story.
- Set your Snapcode Selfie
You can add an animated selfie to your profile that will be shown to other Snapchatters to make it quite tranquil for them to recognise you. Adding a selfie is called a Snapcode in this instance.
- To add a selfie, just tap the Snapchat icon at the top of your camera view and then tap the larger Snapchat symbol.
- You will then get a screen with the Snapcode Selfie.
- To capture your Snapcode selfie simply tap the camera button. The camera will take five selfies to create an animation.
- Change the Name that your friends will see in Chat
You can easily view a friend’s Snapchat details from within a chat.
- Tap the hamburger menu in the upper-left hand corner to get a quick glance at your contact’s Snapchat score and Snapcode.
- You can even edit the contact’s name, block them or remove the conversation.
- Editing a contact’s name can be a helpful workaround to the way Snapchat organizes contacts, especially if you have a huge list of Snapchat friends.
- Add an “a_” before names you want to appear first in your friends list to eliminate unnecessary scrolling when you’re deciding who to send a snap to.
You can also bring up a similar menu just by tapping and holding a contact’s name anywhere within the app that enables you to edit the name of the person, send a snap or message or view his or her Snapcode.
- Turn on ‘Travel Mode’ to Save Data
Anyone who uses Snapchat a lot knows the app can be a battery hog. But the app has a built-in feature that saves your precious data when turn on in travel mode.
When this feature is enabled, it simply avoids snaps and stories from downloading on your device automatically. Instead, users have the option to choose when they want to load a snap or a story. For that, you need to follow the simple steps given below:
- First of all, head to the app’s settings.
- Find the “Additional Services” menu and select “Manage” to control when travel mode is ON.
- Add Additional Text to your Snaps
There is a handy way to circumvent the character limit by using the Notes app.
- Initially, select a range of blank text and copy it to your clipboard.
- Then, open Snapchat and paste it into the text field in your snap.
- You’ll have to copy the blank text field. But, copying a longer text snippet won’t work so you need to manually move the cursor to the next line in order to take benefit of the full amount of space.
- Turn on Night Camera Mode
Most of the users have a complaint that the images on Snapchat are of poor quality. But, they may not be aware of the hidden feature, which lets you take brighter photos. The app has a built-in night camera mode, which is automatically activated in low lighting or dark. Well, you can force this night camera mode to be enabled by opening Snapchat and then covering the camera lens.
In the image shown below, you can see there is a Snapchat’s low-light camera mode, which is symbolized by the moon icon near the camera flash. It is meant to help you take better photos at night or in poor light. You need to turn it ON that helps brighten what’s in the frame. However the low-light mode is triggered automatically, you can activate it in any kind of light. Here’s is how to do it:
- All you need to do is simply cover the camera for a few seconds so enough light is blocked to activate the setting.
- If you’re in a brightly lit room, your finger may not be enough, so try holding it up to dark-coloured object or object of clothing.
- Add new friends without their contact Info
Snapchat has a hidden feature called “add nearby”. This feature allows groups of friends to add each other on Snapchat with much ease, provided they are in the same vicinity (locality).
- Initially, go to the “add friends” section of the app.
- Select “add nearby” for a shortcut to add a new connection.
- Secure your account with two-step verification
If you want to use your Snapchat account in a much secured way, you need to add an extra layer of security to your Snapchat account by enabling the login verification. Once you do so, you won’t be able to log in to your account from a new device until you enter a code sent to your device via SMS.
- Go to the app’s settings and select “login verification” to set this up.
- You can even change the number associated with the account, if you wish to get verification codes sent to an alternate number.
- Start Live Video Chat
This is the hidden feature on Snapchat that lets you start a video chat with much ease. When the person you are speaking to is online at the same time as you, you will be able to see a shining Blue button instead of the Yellow one, which means the live video chat option, is available.
- All you need to do is you need to press hold the Blue button to start the video call.
- The person with whom you are going to speak needs to do the same thing like you to start a live video chat.
- Once you remove your finger, the video call will be ended.
These are the simple and hidden tips and tricks of the popular photo sharing app, Snapchat. Hope these tricks helps you find out much about this amazing photo sharing app. Share these amazing tricks with all your friends and have fun.