In blogger we usually come across the term “sitemap”. What are sitemaps? why to add sitemap for your website? In this article we explained about advantages of adding Sitemaps for your website.
What are Sitemaps ? Why to use Sitemap ?
The main function of sitemap is to tell google about list of pages on your website and your post URL’s. Sitemap allows and informs search engines about your pages that are available for crawling, so that search engines can easily crawl the website.
How to add Sitemaps
1. Go to Google Webmasters tools and login
2. Click ‘ADD A SITE’ if your website is not added before. Type your website URL and Click Continue
3. Go to Crawl –> Sitemape and click “ADD SITEMAP” which is on the right top
4. Add this code atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=1&max-results=500 and click Submit Sitemap
5.You have successfully submitted your Sitemap
What to do If your website contain more than 500 posts ?
- A single sitemap is capable to crawl only 500 posts. Thats the reason in code we included ‘results=500’
- What to do if there are more than 500 posts? The process is same as above you have to submit another sitemap for next 500 posts
- Go to Crawl–> sitemap –> ADD/TEST SITEMAP
- you add this code atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=501&max-results=500
Repeat the same procedure for every 500 posts. the codes are as follows