Facebook Messenger is a popular way of communicating which has been constantly upgrading itself, ever since its entrance into the app-market in the year 2011. If you take a pew to explore each of the features, you’d uncover pretty a lot. In short, Facebook Messenger has come out by separating out the messaging function of the Facebook into an entirely different app.
You might consider the Facebook Messenger just like an app that helps you chat with your friends and nothing more than that. If you think so then you’re absolutely thinking in a wrong way. There are amazingly cool things you didn’t know Facebook Messenger could probably do.
Messenger is a remarkable little program all on its own, and for it to actually lustre, it required to stand on its own two feet. There is just a lot you could do on the Facebook Messenger! Here are 15 hidden features in your Facebook Messenger that you never knew you could do with it. Take a look!
- Aid Your Friends Find You in a Crowd
Are you looking forward to meet up with a lot of people in a perplexing public space?
- Simply tap the “More” button – the one that looks like three dots” or the location icon at the bottom of the screen.
- If you want to, say, meet up at a nearby restaurant, all you have to do is just search for the restaurant, then send your friends a map of where it is.
- You can also use it to let your friends know exactly where you are if you’re running late to meet them. Quite handy, isn’t it?
- Share your location
If you want to navigate a friend informing where you are, all you need to do is simply tap the “location” icon at the bottom of your screen once and it will prompt your current location to your friend.
- Pay your Roommate
Need to make a payment to your friend? Not a problem. Facebook Messenger allows that with absolute ease. All you have to do is simply click the ‘three dots’ and choose the option “Payments.” You will need to connect a debit card to your account if you are using it to make a payment for the first time.
- To make your payment within a conversation, tap the $ symbol located at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter in the amount of money you want to send over to your pal, and add your debit card info.
- When your friend adds her debit card info, he’ll receive cash out within three days of receipt.
This is a fast, secure, and a heck of a lot easier than trying to break a $20 to pay some back for a two-dollar slice.
- Add Nicknames
Want to set crazy nicknames for your friends? Well, Facebook Messenger makes it possible.
- First of all, launch the Messenger app on your phone.
- Now, select the chat thread that you want to customize.
- In the settings screen, you will see three options such as Nicknames, Color and Emoji.
- Hit the option Nicknames to set a wacky name to your pal.
- Change colour for every Conversation
Fed up of the Smurfy Blue? Well, click on a contact and hit “Change Color”. Observe the magic. The Messenger app for Facebook now lets you customize the colour of the chat bubble, change the name of your friend in a chat thread and set a frequently used Emoji so that you can send it to your friend in just a single tap.
- Initially, launch the Messenger app on your phone (either iOS or Android device).
- Select the chat thread that you want to customize and in the settings screen, you will see three options: Nicknames, Color and Emoji. Select the option Color that you want to customize.
- Choosing a colour for the bubble within chat thread is quite simple. You choose the colour option, and then tap on your favourite colour in the table.
- You have only 15 colours to pick from. This setting will be synced to other people’s devices as well.
Did you know that Facebook has been hiding a chess game in the Facebook Messenger? Fancy a game of chess with your smart-ass companion?
Facebook had made it to the reality by creating a hidden built-in functionality in Facebook Messenger that allows you to play Chess with your buddies without the need of installing a third-party app.
- Just type @fbchess in the chat box to begin the game – Complete article here
- Disable Notification Previews
Imagine you’re having a chat with your co-worker on how much you dislike your boss and to your shock, the boss gets to read that while your phone is kept on the table during a meeting! Well, wouldn’t that suck?
If you don’t want the content of your messages to appear on your locked screen when a friend messages you, all you need to do is to simply turn that setting off. To remove message previews on your Facebook Messenger, just follow the below given steps:
- Go to your Facebook Messenger.
- Navigate to your Settings page and turn Notification Previews OFF.
The next time a friend messages you, the notification will only show their name on your locked screen instead of displaying the whole message.
- Use Messenger without an account
You don’t even need the social networking platform, Facebook to use Messenger. Yes, you heard it right. It is possible for you to access Facebook without having an account! Just install Messenger and log-in with your phone number!
- To use Messenger, all you need is a phone and a phone number.
- Once you download Messenger, you can start using it by selecting the “Not on Facebook?”
- Sign up with your name.
- Add your phone number.
- Upload a photo.
- Get Quick Customer Support
Some brands and business have integrated Facebook Messenger to allow for fast and easy access to customer support. Just what that integration means will differ from business to business, but here’s an instance: Online retailer Everlane features Messenger on its checkout page.
If you decide to opt in, you’ll get push notifications that will allow you to access your shipping info, modify your order, or place another order within the Messenger app itself.
- Doodle on your Pictures
Add little spice to your normal photo. The social network has come up with the first in-app game live called Doodle Draw Game. It is an online version of Pictionary that you can play with friends inside a chat window. Click on the picture you want to send and click on the “Doodle” button to write a personal message.
- Mute Notifications
When group messages get out of hand, take a time-out from the alerts and mute the notifications. You’ll still receive the messages that you can check them at any time. But you won’t hear your device beeping or buzzing every time someone messages you.
- To mute notifications for a conversation, open it in Messenger.
- Tap the names at the top of the message, then tap Notifications and select the period of time.
- You can mute notifications for a certain period of time such as 15 minutes, one hour, eight hours, 24 hours or indefinitely, until you turn notifications back on.
- Play Basketball
Want to challenge your friend to a quick game of basketball? Facebook has come up with a new update to Messenger that allows you to play a basketball mini-game with your friend right from the conversation window.
All you need to do is send a basketball Emoji that would hoop-start the game!
- Use Messenger as a Boarding Pass
Yes, the KLM Royal Dutch Airlines gives its passengers the option to receive flight updates/check-in notifications through Facebook Messenger. You can actually use Messenger as your boarding pass upon arrival at the airport.
- Send Random Cute Messages
Suppose, if your friend is having a bad day and you want to cheer him/her up. How could you cheer him up?
Just type @dailycute on chat and Messenger will instantly grab an insanely cute image for you to post!
- Hail an Uber Cab
Yes, you don’t have to open the app every time to book a ride on any of the cab. All you have to do is just click on the three dots and choose “Transportation.” However, the apps must already be installed on your phone.
These are the cool and amazing tricks that help you use your Facebook Messenger with much ease and in a more enhanced way. Hope these simple tricks help you find out more about the hidden tricks on the Facebook Messenger.