In order to make travel on the Indian Railways a happy experience, the Railways has decided to extend the advance reservation period from 60 days to 120 days. Now you can book your Train ticket 4 months in advance. But, many people don’t know how to check Indian Train availability for upcoming months. Now it is very simple to check Indian Train availability by using RailCal Availability Calendar Android app which is available on Google Play Store. RailCal is a single-purpose app with a focus on showing the FULL Indian Railways Seat Availability Calendar for the next FOUR Months, for ALL trains between any two stations. Here in this tutorial you will learn How To Check Indian Train Availability For Next 4 Months using RailCal Android App.
RailCal shows Waitlist/RAC Status and the number of Available Seats for ALL classes on ALL trains between ANY two stations for the next 4 months – all on ONE screen.
- FULLY Offline Train Schedules.
- Intermediate passing-through Stations.
- Graphical Rake Display for individual trains.
- Train Ratings: Cleanliness, Punctuality, Safety, RailFanning, Food.
- Rake/Loco Reversals.
- Locomotive info.
- SplitCal – Train Availability Calendar through “via” stations – also available on a SINGLE screen.
- MultiCal – For any single train, get simultaneous Availability Calendars between different pairs of stations.
How To Check Indian Train Availability Using RailCal App?
- First Download RailCal Availability Calendar Android App from Google Play Store or Click on the below provided link.
- Click on Install button.
- After installing open the app and enter From & To stations details.
- Then click on Show 4-month Calendar button.
- Tap on any column to get the entire 4-month availability calendar for that train.
- Tap on the Column Header to show the “Quick Circle” of Train Info.
- Various types of Train Filters are available to make your job more easy. Select which mode you want to see the calendar for, by tapping on the pop-down labelled as ‘Filter’.
- You can also check availability by Quota – whether you want to see the tatkal availability, or just want to see the seat availability pertaining to your quota, it’s all there!
- You can also lookup individual Trains directly from the main screen. Just Type in any part of the Train Name/Number.
- You can get Train Search for the Return Journey by clicking on the reverse “U” symbol.
- You can also check availability by selecting Intermediate Station (Via).
- When you tap on any date, you just see the availability for 3 weeks starting from that date.
RailCal for Android might not have too many features or a fancy UI, but that isn’t what this app is meant to do, or have. It is designed to give you a quick rundown of seat availability and fare information for trains that run on a particular route — nothing more, nothing less.
That’s it friends…!!! Hope this tutorial will definitely help for those who are planing tour in the upcoming months. If you have any doubts comment below.