With the increase in technology, use of a mobile phone which was a luxury once upon a time became a necessity. In the present situation of Techworld, there is no wonder if anyone says that mobile phone is an essential part of a human. And at the same time, in the modern world usage of automobiles has also increased many times. We may fail to the notice the major things happening around us in our day-to-day life. You may be visiting the petrol bunks very frequently to fill the automobile fuel tanks. Then here’s a question for you.
Have You Ever Noticed A Warning Board Stating “Don’t Use Mobile Phones At Petrol Bunks?”
Do You Know What Happens When We Use A Mobile Phone At A Petrol Bunk?
You may be familiar with the news stating that an explosion occurred due to the usage of mobile phones at the Petrol bunks. Electromagnetic (EM) radiation from a mobile phone could impart enough energy to ignite petrol vapour directly or that it could induce currents in nearby metal objects and trigger a spark with the same effect.
But the Belief That Usage Of Mobile Phones At A Petrol Bunks Causes Accident Is Only A Baseless Myth.
Nothing happens when we use a mobile phone at a petrol bunk. It’s only fear. In fact, there isn’t a single confirmed case of this ever happening.
Here’s The Actual Fact:
- Energy produced by the electromagnetic radiation of mobile phones is not enough to ignite the petrol vapour directly. Even a lit cigarette isn’t hot enough to ignite petrol vapour. Ignition point of fuel is above 200 degrees centigrade.
- You need a naked flame or a spark, and mobile phones have low-voltage batteries that aren’t capable of producing either. A mobile phone could generate a spark only when the battery is defective. This spark may be produced when there is a defect in automobile’s own battery.
- Moreover, an explosion occurs only from the hose pipe that emitting hot gases and not from the fuel or fuel tank.
Possibly There Are Two Reasons Behind The Issue Of Such Warnings:
- Mobile phones don’t come with in-built safety measures against truly hazardous highly inflammable situations.
- Fear of legal liability if ever anything goes wrong somehow.
However, whether it may be hazardous or not, it’s better for us not to use the mobile phones at the petrol bunks. Your near and dear people can wait until your response via call or a message. So, let’s strictly avoid usage of mobile phones while driving and at petrol bunks. LIFE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE PHONE CALL OR A MESSAGE.
Watch Video: Why Usage Of Cell Phone At A FUEL Filling Station Is A Myth?