If you are tired of your old template and planning to Install a fresh and highly customized SEO blogger template, then you have to upload the template to your Blogger Dashboard. Blogger, by default provides variety of templates even HTML5 templates but still they might need few editing at time. So while Editing a template the first precaution you must do is taking backup of your template.
In this article you will be learning how to back up a template properly and how to upload/restore a template which you have downloaded from some website.
Steps to Backup a Template in Blogger
1. Log into your Blogger dashboard and navigate to the “Template” tab.
2. Click on the “Backup/Restore” button that you find on the top of the page.
3. Hit on the “Download Full Template” button and the template will get saved in the downloads folder of your computer.
Steps to Upload/Restore a Template in Blogger
In Blogger you can only upload a template which is in the format .xml, There are many good websites to get templates but I would recommend you to download the ATB Blogger template because it is responsive, highly customizable, lazy loading included.
1. Open the Blogger dashboard and move to the “Template” tab.
2. To restore a template you need to click on the “Backup/Restore” template.
3. Click on the “Upload File” button and browse your computer to select the template.
4. After selecting the file click on the “Upload” button and check your website now.