Chinese smartphone manufacturer shook the Indian market and the world with its low budgetary and high-end specs and features Redmi 1S smartphone. Xiaomi Redmi 1S sales in India got a tremendous response throughout the nation due to its incredible features though the sales were going through the e-commerce giant of India Flipkart. The smartphone had a 1GB RAM and Qualcomm’s Snapdragon Quad-core processor onboard and it was powered by custom Android developers first Android 4.4.4 KitKat ROM.
Check this : Cyanogen Announces CM12 Nightlies based on Android 5.0.1 Lollipop
Salient Features of Xiaomi Redmi 1S as follows:
- Redmi 1S has ROM based on Android 4.4.4 KitKat
- It is stable and smooth
- Balanced battery usage is optimized
- Ascends with Cyanogen mod features and themes
- It has inbuilt super user option
- Inbuilt display manager
- Privacy of the mobile is customizable
- SE Linux enabled kernel.
Update your Xiaomi Redmi 1S to Android Kitkat 4.4.4 installing Cyanogen MOD 11 ROM while we would like to state it out at the earliest that alltechbuzz.net will not be held liable for any damage caused to the device if any of the below mentioned step is not practiced well with the device during or after custom ROM installation. Hence, it is the responsibility of the users to move ahead and to move ahead at their own risk.
Check this : Root Your Android Smartphone Easily
Pre-Requisites for Xiaomi Redmi 1S Updating
- All the steps and measures which have been articulated in this guide to update smartphones with the CyanogenMod 11 ROM are solely for Xiaomi Redmi 1S only and they are not meant for any other smart device or smartphone. Hence before getting started check your mobile device model number surfing to your mobiles Settings and then check out from About Phone.
- Before updating your smart device we would like to commend you to back up your Xiaomi Redmi 1S smartphone data following few recommended custom recovery tools such as ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP which were found handy and easy to create a backup of your smartphone. While performing backup and recovery function of your smartphone chooses backup and restore and opt for back up.
- Ensure that your computer has all updated and necessitated USB drivers which supports your smartphone after connecting with the PC/Laptop so that it won’t interrupt your updating process or if there are no supporting USB drives get them downloaded and installed into your PC/laptop and get started.
- Turn on USB debugging mode, if it wasn’t then ensure that it is turned. To turn on USB Debugging option, browse to Settings > Developer Options. If you are navigating the USB Debugging mode for the first time then tap the phone’s build number seven times to unlock or reveal the hidden developer options under settings and enable USB debugging mode after navigating to the developer options which can be located in the settings.
- Before starting the updating process of Xiaomi Redmi 1S to CyanogenMod 11 ROM Android Kit Kat 4.4.4 ROM do ensure that your smartphone has at least 90% of the battery power reserved for the usage to avoid unnecessary shutdown of the device.
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S smartphones which are unlocked and are not locked to a specific carrier and are rooted with latest ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery (v18.104.22.168) van be updated. If it isn’t then we commend the users to install CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly which includes CWM recovery v22.214.171.124.
- Before rbooting it is advisable to wipe the cache partition and wipe the Dalvik cache of your smartphone for a couple of times if it is stuck at booting or is experiencing boot loop issues
- Give some time for the newly installed ROM at least for five minutes before you start using the updated mobile as it may lead to some adverse effects. At the same time, we recommend you to not to download and install high-end games which may unstable and may led to unfavorable results.
Also check : How To Increase RAM of Android Phone
Required Downloads to Update Xiaomi Redmi 1S to Android Kitkat 4.4.4 CyanogenMod 11 ROM
- CyanogenMod 11 ROM for Xiaomi Redmi 1S
- Google Apps (alternate micro version)
Step by Step Complete Guide to Install Android 4.4.4 KitKat on Xiaomi Redmi 1S with Unofficial CyanogenMod 11 ROM
Step 1: Click and Download Android 4.4.4 CyanogenMod 11 ROM for Redmi 1S to your PC/Laptop from the above mentioned given required software’s or CLICK here.
Step 2: Similarly download Google Apps package from the above-given options.
Step 3: Take out the USB cable and connect the Redmi 1S to your trusted PC/Laptop computer via USB cable. Copy the above stated two software’s firmware zip and Google Apps zip files to the root folder of the phone’s SD card without extracting them from the zip format files.
Step 4: After copying the recommended zip files turn the power off of your Redmi 1S smartphones and power off the mobiles completely.
Step 5: Cautiously press together both volume down key and power keys till the bootloader menu appears on your smartphone’s screen.
Step 6: Navigate the bootloader menu with the up and down volume keys where you need to use volume down key to scroll to the recovery mode option and volume up key to select it the recovery mode option.
Step 7: Have patience and now hold yourselves back until you would be able to see an Android symbol with a exclamation mark on your smartphone’s screen after which press power button to enter Android system recovery menu.
IMPORTANT: Use the volume down button to navigate between options and volume up button to select the desired option in recovery mode.
Step 8: It is recommended to implement wipe data/factory reset option which would delete all apps and their settings and game progress and select option Yes on the next screen to confirm the action.
Step 9: Choose Mounts and Storage> Format System and click Yes on the next screen to confirm after wiping out the data or resetting the factory settings return to CWM recovery main menu. Later wipe cache partition and go to the Advanced menu from the main menu of CWM recovery and tap to on the Wipe Dalvik Cache and choose Yes option.
Step 10: Browse to the SD card in your Xiaomi Redmi 1S and install Zip files from sdcard. Navigate to the CyanogenMod 11 ROM file location in the SD card and select Yes on the next screen to confirm the firmware installation.
Step 11: Similarly, repeat the previous step to install the Google Apps as well by browsing through the SD card and initiating its installation.
Step 12: After the installation of the both recommended required firmware software’s it would be a wise choice to select “+++++Go Back+++++” and restart your Xiaomi Redmi 1S smartphone selecting reboot system now option in the recovery menu. Have patience and hold back and give enough time for your smartphone to restart without poking it down where the entire process may take up to 10 minutes to restart.
Users may observe and witness the updated OS of your smartphone browsing the about phone section from settings and could clearly experience the Android 4.4.4 KitKat via CyanogenMod 11 ROM in their Xiaomi Redmi 1S smart device.
If you have missed our recent article on Xiaomi, check Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G LTE Quad-Core complete Specifications