What Is SEO
Best SEO Tools – SEO or Search Engine Optimisation is basically done for higher rankings in Search Engines, mainly Google. And, as the name suggests, SEO tools exist to simply SEO tasks as easy as possible. As Google is the search engine giant and receives maximum possible users in comparison to other ones like Yahoo or Bing. And, no doubt, from time to time, it keeps covering the headlines like “Google to pay Apple $9 billion to remain default search engine on Safari,” which makes all SEO gurus in the house call it Google SEO instead of just SEO. Needless to say, like every other internet thing, Search Engine Optimisation has changed a lot over the years.
Best SEO Tools (2019): Paid, Free For Backlinks, Keywords
INTERESTING RELATED READ: You Need to Focus on SEO When You Start a Blog and Here we Listed Areas to Look Into
To be precise, on a content basis, SEO has two major divisions – search engine optimisation for written content and for video content, here former being called as SEO and latter is better known as Video SEO or Youtube SEO. YouTube SEO because of www.youtube.com website owned by Google only is the second largest search engine in the world (in general) and largest search engine on the planet (for video graphic content). In both the cases, to simplify the Search Engine Optimisation process, various software making companies have launched nearly three digit SEO tools in the market.
INTERESTING RELATED READ: How To Tell If Your SEO Firm Is Doing The Job Right Or Is It The Time To Change
Now when analysed the complete list of Best SEO Tools in the market for 2019, AllTechBuzz founded that few of them are free and remaining ones are paid. While some are free in the beginning (as a free trial) and then asks for a fixed amount to be paid. Better keep in mind, no search engine optimisation guru in the market can guarantee a success in the world of SEO without using any tool at all. Few are there which are mandatory. For example, just by looking through the “Links To Your Site” section of Google Webmaster, you cannot have a very in-depth analysis of quality of backlinks your site has received in past few days.
INTERESTING RELATED READ: 3 SEO Mistakes that Bloggers Commonly Make
In that case, undoubtedly, you will have to go through the Ahrefs, Semrush, MonitorBacklinks or any other SEO Backlink Checker Tools in the market for extreme in-depth analysis of your website. Right example of this is Ahrefs Backlink Checker Tool. As, it correctly shows the Broken, Lost or New Backlinks, Lost and new referring domains, anchors, top referring content, referring IPs, organic keywords, top pages, competing domains, competing pages, content gap, best pages by links, best pages by links’ growth, best by shares, top content, linked domains, anchors and broken links of Outgoing links etc.
INTERESTING RELATED READ: SEO Algorithm Penalty on Doorway Pages by Google
Apart from that KeyWords are the soul of Search Engine Optimisation. In case a person selects the wrong keywords to target, he/ she may even get zero to no traffic even after spending $$$s. Although, basic keyword research can be done with the Google Suggest for free. But, in no possible case, it will show you the exact search volume, trend, CPC (cost per click) and the competition etc. No doubt, a trend of the keyword can easily be found out from Google Trends.
INTERESTING RELATED READ: How I Boosted My Blog Rankings Using these Advanced SEO Strategies
Best SEO tools
- CORA: CORA SEO Software is developed by SEO Tool Lab. It works for any search term and is mainly designed to calculate most important ranking factors and helps you in tracking live rankings of your static website.
- Screaming Frog: It will find broken links, analyse Page Titles and Meta Data, Audit Redirects, Discover Duplicate Content and much more. Run by Founder Dan Sharp of Screaming Frog, a UK search marketing agency & developer of the SEO Spider. Gooner. SEO. & Philanthropist.
- Keywords Everywhere: Although containing all features required by Keyword research tools. Speciality is that it adds search volume, CPC and competition data to all major portals like Google Search, Google Trends, Youtube etc.
- Fat Rank: Also available on Google Chrome Web Stores as an extension. Mainly used for Growth Hacking, Search Engine Optimisation training. Mostly used as an SEO Rank Checker Tool. Founded by James Dooley and Rick Hope, the official website is www.fatrank.com.
- Siteliner: To the sites having thin content besides good off page search engine optimisation implemented, Google shoots in the chest of them. And, siteliner plays a role of bullet proof jacket. Will show you the list of articles on your site having thin content.
- SEO Quake: Extremely in-depth analytical search engine optimisation tool, mainly used as a Google Chrome extension. Shows each and every detail of a website like Alexa Rank, number of pages fetched in Google, Bing, Semrush Backlinks, Web archive etc.
- Majestic: Having an official website of www.majestic.com, is a marketing search engine and SEO backlink checker, contains the planet’s largest link index database, but most famous because of trust flow and citation flow data.
- SpyFu: Competitor Keyword Research Tools for AdWords PPC & SEO. It is a 2005 founded American search analytics company having official website www.spyfu.com and is originally known as GoogSpy.
- Answer The Public: Using www.answerthepublic.om, SEO analysts can use this free visual keyword research & content ideas tool. Also available in free version as a starter plan. But if unlimited team members wanted to access the saved reports, high-resolution images, languages + location based results and unlimited search, make sure to go through PRO plan.
- Moz: Having nearly 12k searches per month in Google, SEOmoz is a software company having an official website as www.moz.com, initially founded in 2004 by Rand Fishkin and Gillian Muessig. Mainly indulged in SEO Software, Tools & Resources for Smarter Marketing.
- KWFinder: Presently considered as the best Keyword research and analysis tool in the whole search engine optimisation industry. Finds hidden long tail keywords, can import keywords in bulk, can find most accurate keyword etc.
- SemRush: SEMRUSH mainly provides service for competitors research, shows organic and Ads. SEMRUSH is also an ALL IN ONE Marketing Toolkit for digital marketing professionals.
- Ahrefs: Surely, a king of all the backlinks checker and is Competitor Research Tools & SEO Backlink Checker. Pricing is too high in comparison to other tools but is worth it. Users can select from Lite, Standard, Advanced and Agency plans.
INTERESTING RELATED READ: Webinar With Gaurav Jaggi on Blogging, SEO, Digital Marketing, Link Building And Much More
Free SEO tools
This list of Best Free SEO Tools also includes many of them having (free trails).
- Microsoft Free SEO Toolkit: How billionaire Bill Gates company can stay away from this nearly 70 billion$ SEO industry? For a complete analysis of search engine and user experience optimisations, here you go with the Download IIS Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Toolkit 1.0.
- Structured Data Testing Tool: Owner by the Search Engine Giant itself, Structured Data Testing Tool is mainly used to test your structured data. Mainly you need to fetch the URL and click on RUN TEST.
- robots.txt Generator: Robots.txt File Generator is a software prepared by SEOBook which can be used to test the sitemap and generate the right one if persists any problems.
- Moz Toolbar: Having nearly 12k searches per month in Google, SEOmoz is a software company having an official website as www.moz.com, initially founded in 2004 by Rand Fishkin and Gillian Muessig. Mainly indulged in SEO Software, Tools & Resources for Smarter Marketing.
- Copyscape: Sick of your content writers? Giving you a content copied and pasted from other websites. Here you have Copyscape tools (also available in premium). Mainly is available to check what percentage of your article is unique.
- Ahrefs’ Site Explorer and Backlink Checker: Surely, a king of all the backlinks checker and is Competitor Research Tools & SEO Backlink Checker. Pricing is too high in comparison to other tools but is worth it. Users can select from Lite, Standard, Advanced and Agency plans.
- Find Broken Links: Broken link is a part of Technical Search Engine Optimisation mainly. Finding broken links inside your website and also you’re providing to other is an important part of website SEO audit and needs to be fixed immediately.
- Search Metrics Website Analyzer: Well known for SEO visibility and domain visibility comparison, second to none when it comes to complete analysis by SEO, Social, Keywords, Backlinks and Rankings.
- SEO Site Checkup: Again a website analysis tools, which does completely on the page and off page website analysis. And, is Trusted by over 5,000 webmasters, small business owners, and SEO agencies.
- BrowSEO: This, your new browser is a web app that allows you to view any webpage without distractions caused by styles. It also highlights parts of a page that are relevant to SEO.
- XML SiteMaps: Undoubtedly, there is a number of Plugins to do the same. XML Sitemaps Generator is mainly used to create your Google Sitemap online within just a few clicks.
- SERPs Rank Checker: Free Keyword Rank Checker – Google & Yahoo | SERPs.com. Also available in the Google Chrome extension web store. Quite accurate in comparison to other SERP tracking tools.
- Similar Web: Similarweb is not just a mini software but employing more than 400 tech professional and founded in 2007 is an online competitive intelligence tool for businesses that offers its customer’s insights into both their own and competitor’s website traffic volume, mainly used for Website Traffic Statistics & Market Intelligence.
- Schema Creator: Can also be done by Raven Tools or Schema.org Structured Data Resources and Tools. But, mainly tech-savvy SEO analysts like to go through the step by step guide available on www.schema.org.
- QuickSprout Website Analyzer: If you’re in the search engine optimisation industry for a quite long, then you must have heard this name – Neil Patel. His www.quicksprout.com is a great website for overall site analysis. You just need to put in your URL and click on Start Now button.
- Google Trends: Most important if you’re a Google news or any other search engine news website, owner. Shows you real-time searches happening in the Google, shows the trends for particular keywords in past 4 hours, past one day, past week, past month or past year and more.
- Google Keyword Planner: Ancestor of almost all the Keywords tool present in the market, as it gave its own API to give them a birth. Still, the king of its sector mainly used for Google Adwords research.
- Open Site Explorer: Link Explorer | Moz’s Link Building Research Tool. Mainly indulged in SEO Software, Tools & Resources for Smarter Marketing. SEOmoz is a software company having an official website at www.moz.com.
- Google Webmaster Tools + Bing Webmaster Tools: Get complete in-depth analysis of your website from Google webmaster tool. Secured enough that it can only be accessed only if you’re the owner of the site or are provided with the authority.
- Keywordtool.io: Keyword Tool: #1 Google Keyword Planner Alternative For SEO (FREE). You can easily find keywords in the language you want and for any search engine like for Google, Yahoo, Bing, Youtube etc.
- Google Analytics: Don’t know how many visitors are landing on your website per day? Here you go with Google Analytics Tool. The most accurate site analytics tools ever prepared.
- Moz Local Listing Score: Another great tool from the side of Moz.com. Learn about the Search Engine Optimisation of local listing and much more.
- Google PageSpeed Insights: Website or Webpage speed is now a Google Ranking Factor. Faster the site, higher the rankings. Check your speed from Google’s official Google PageSpeed Insights tool.
INTERESTING RELATED READ: Introducing Advanced SEO Guide for Bloggers who are blogging on Blogger.com/Blogspot
Paid SEO tools
- WHITESPARK: Mainly used for Citation Audit and Cleanup, WhiteSpark having official tool website www.whitespark.ca is a local citation finder. In short, with the latest tech implementation, WhiteSpark helps you get more customers from Google.
- BUZZ STREAM: Buzzstream is not a single tool, but incorporates a number of them like Link Building and Digital PR Tools, email research tool, extracting domain from a URL, extracting links from HTML, extracting page title, description and keywords from the URLs, link building query generator.
- AHREFS: Surely, a king of all the backlinks checker and is Competitor Research Tools & SEO Backlink Checker. Pricing is too high in comparison to other tools but is worth it. Users can select from Lite, Standard, Advanced and Agency plans.
- SEO POWERSUITE: Available in the free version as well, SEO Powersuite is one of the SEO software with proven results. Mainly used for accurate rank monitoring across over 300 search engines. Includes profound link analysis, Powerful keyword research does site audit + content optimisation for On-Page SEO.
- WORD TRACKER: 1997 founded company on www.wordtracker.com is Free Keyword Research Tool from Wordtracker. Gives you crucial tips on how to find the best keywords through it’s blog.
- SEMRUSH: SEMRUSH mainly provides service for competitors research, shows organic and Ads. SEMRUSH is also an ALL IN ONE Marketing Toolkit for digital marketing professionals.
- ADVANCED WEB RANKING: Advanced Web Ranking tool settled on an official website www.advancedwebranking.com and famously known with its short form i.e. AWR is World’s longest standing rank tracking tool.
- RAVEN TOOLS: Having official website as www.raventools.com founded in 2004 and having parent organisation TapClicks Inc., Raven Tools, LLC is a company, tools of which are mainly used for Site Auditing.
- SEO MOZ PRO: Having nearly 12k searches per month in Google, SEOmoz is a software company having an official website as www.moz.com, initially founded in 2004 by Rand Fishkin and Gillian Muessig. Mainly indulged in SEO Software, Tools & Resources for Smarter Marketing.
- MAJESTIC SEO: Having an official website of www.majestic.com, is a marketing search engine and SEO backlink checker, contains the planet’s largest link index database, but most famous because of trust flow and citation flow data.
INTERESTING RELATED READ: Advanced SEO Guide for Blogger/Blogspot Blogs
Advantages of using SEO tools
Beginning with the fact that, within just 300-400 words, complete advantages of using Search Engine Optimisation Tools cannot be determined. Still, let’s have a look at the most important ones. Starting with one of the most crucial Google Rankings Factor i.e. Backlinks. Before Penguin update, there was an era when bloggers and SEO Analysts or SEO experts used to make an irrelevant, unnatural and huge number of comment backlinks for their own website. But, after the updates, procedures reversed and in the hunt of taking revenge, sample people, starting doing the exact same things for their competitor’s website, better known as Negative SEO in the industry of Search Engine Optimisation.
INTERESTING RELATED READ: Best Rated Android Apps for SEO and Analytics in Google Play
But why? Because, Penguin used to catch all the website with such a huge number of comment or forum links which are irrelevant, unnatural etc. and downrank those websites like anything overnight. To overcome this struggle, Google itself launched the Disavow Tool through which website owner can tell the Google Algorithms about the few links which are not made by the owner but by a competitor to harm his/ her website’s rankings. But overall, the most imperative question is that – “How Do You Know Which Backlinks Have Beed Made For Your Website Over Specific Period Of Time?”
INTERESTING RELATED READ: How to Write SEO Friendly Blog Posts to Stand out in Google Search Results
Now you will say thanks to Best SEO Tools in the market. Here comes the real advantage when sites like Ahrefs can tell you the exact status of the number of Backlinks your website has received over time. Apart from that, Those who monetise with the help of Google Adsense or Youtube Adsense are always hungry for one thing – “High CPC Keywords,” precisely “High CPC Keywords with Low Competition.” In this case, the good news is – if having one of the best KeyWord research tools in hand like – Google Keyword Planner, SEMRUSH, Ahrefs, LongTailPro, KWFinder, SpyFU, SERPStat etc. you can have access to each and every detail of a particular Keyword you would like to have.
INTERESTING RELATED READ: Difference Between Blogger & Vlogger: Blogging vs. Vlogging
Disadvantages of using SEO tools
There are almost zero to none disadvantages of using SEO Tools. In fact, using common sense, tools are designed to make things easier, not harder, so how in the field of search engine optimisation, SEO Tools can hold the disadvantages. But, here’s what AllTechBuzz team advises you, please make sure to cross-check the data from two or more sources depending on which you’re either going to make a big decision or going to invest heavily. Because, a room of technical glitches will always be there, no matter what. Also, before completely relying on a tool, please make sure to scrutinize when the software was last updated, later the better.
INTERESTING RELATED READ: Tips To Make Images SEO Friendly (Optimize) In Blogger Blogs
Backlink Building Analysis: Keeping my personal experience in front of you, for in-depth and exhaustive backlinks analysis, I never found a tool which is better than Ahrefs. A major share of Search Engine Optimisation experts undoubtedly selects Ahrefs for their million dollars + site’s link building analysis.
INTERESTING RELATED READ: How to Write an SEO Friendly Post On Blogger Dashboard
For in-depth analysis of Broken Links, Referring Domains, Authority of Outgoing links etc. you can go through Monitor Backlinks, Link Research Tools, Ahrefs, EpicBeat, WhiteSpark, Siege Media Embed Code Generator, ScrapeBox, Rmoov, Remove’em, Pitchbox, Outreach Plus, Ontolo, Ninja Outreach, MuckRack, Marie Haynes’ Disavow Blacklist, MailShake, Linkstant, Linkody, LinkMiner, LinkBird, Just Reach Out, HARO (Help A Reporter Out), Guest Post Tracker, Group High, Free Broken Link Checker, Domain Hunter Plus, disavow.it, DIBZ, Detailed, Citation Labs’ Link Prospector, Citation Labs’ Broken Link Finder, Check My Links, Buzz Stream, Authority Spy.
INTERESTING RELATED READ: How to Choose A Best SEO Optimized Template for your Blogger Blog
Video SEO or YouTube SEO: For complete video Analysis, you can go for Morningfame, SocialBlade, TubeBuddy, VidIQ, YTCockpit etc.
For any queries regarding Best SEO Tools (in 2018-2019): Paid, Free For Backlinks, Keywordsplease make sure to comment below. Related to Search Engine Optimisation, also read well research content on ALLTECHBUZZ following links below –
- Google SEO (in 2019): Backlinks, OnPage, RankBrain, CTR, Title Tags
- SEO Friendly Images Tips, WordPress Plugins (Not Working), Alternatives
- How to Recover your Blog/Website from Negative SEO – Case Study
- How Important Is SEO? Here Are The Biggest benefits Of Implementing SEO On Your Website!
- How to Install and Setup WordPress SEO by Yoast Plugin in 2017 – Settings